Is there a way to load .xrni _without_ loading the phrases?

I’m guessing not, because xrni are pretty convenient as a whole package of plugins / samples, effects, and phrases. Anyway…

I’ve got a bunch of patches programmed across a few different plugins, including sample instruments. I’ve saved them as xrni and organized them according to type – drum kit, bass, pad, etc. The point is that I don’t really care about the plugin that’s providing the sound, so much as the sound itself.

I want to be able to switch between xrni without reloading phrases… basically I’m trying to treat xrni as a patch rather than a full instrument. I don’t think it’s possible but thought I’d check.

No, but it’s an idea that I’m also very +1 for. PhraseMate can’t solve this one :slight_smile:

I would personally like to see all the major parts of the XRNI (keyzone, phrases, modulation, effects) as being something you can “lock” when loading another preset.

So you could retain the phrases (for example) while replacing everything else.

Of course, any phrase that make explicit use of certain samples isn’t going to behave as expected but that’s fine. Most phrases (especially melodic ones) are “general purpose” anyway, and if you know what you’re doing…

I would personally like to see all the major parts of the XRNI (keyzone, phrases, modulation, effects) as being something you can “lock” when loading another preset.

So you could retain the phrases (for example) while replacing everything else.

This would be really awesome.