I posted the bulk of the details into the Ideas & suggestions 'Real Sidechaining' thread here (http://forum.renoise...chaining/page-3), but I thought this deserved more visibility.
After a week of scraping the net trying to figure out a way to use melda MMorph inside Renoise, I stumbled across a utility called DDMF Metaplugin that does this and more (http://www.kvraudio....aplugin-by-ddmf):
- Works as a 32/64-bit VST, AU, RTAS, or AAX plugin on Windows/Mac
- Works as either an effect plugin or instrument plugin - same tool/functionality in both cases
- Can host VST, VST3, AU, RTAS, or AAX plugins (and 32-bit plugins in the 64-bit version using JBridge/JBridgeM)
- NOTE: For clarification, this is legally restricted in that you can't load RTAS or AAX plugins in a non-ProTools host
- Provides easy to setup midi, audio, and side-chain routing between all it's hosted plugins
- Provides customizable automation parameters that can be easily mapped to any of it's hosted plugins as needed
- Provides midi and audio in/out channels to host (Renoise in this case)
- Solid - unlike similar tools I've tried, it has not crashed on me once (Core i7, 8GB Mem, Win7 64-bit, Renoise 3.1.0, Focusrite Solo)
- Resizable window to accommodate several plugins and more complex routing
- Relatively inexpensive ($49, periodic sales)
With this solution, I've been able to load, config, and automate the VST3 version of melda MMorph and other tools. The audio quality has been clear, the Metaplugin CPU utilization low, and the ease of use phenomenal. I highly recommend this tool to anyone looking for this functionality.
And just in case - I have zero relationship with DDMF or anyone that works there beyond finding and purchasing this product last night after searching KVR for VST plugins that can host VST3 and working through that list (painful, ultimately worth it).
Good luck, very much hope this helps others.
Edited by EnergyCrush, 02 October 2016 - 22:22.