• 2362 posts
  • Interests:Jepp

Posted 14 October 2016 - 16:20

File Name: Devastator

File Submitter: TheBellows

File Submitted: 14 Oct 2016

File Category: Doofers

License: CC0, Public Domain

This is a powerful distortion unit with filters and stuff to shape the sound from softer exitement to brutal mayham. The original version uses shitloads of CPU, don't even bother on a budget laptop, but i also included a lite version that is much better CPU wise. The heavy CPU is caused by oversampling, which is maxed out in the original version, but turned completely off in the lite version. If you feel you need a 'mid' version you can easily enter the doofer and set your desired oversampling on the filters and distortion.

I also included a lazy slider, which is just a single slider that runs through a customly preset range including several sliders. I'll probably add more of these later and i'll also plan to improve the doofer even further.

This thing can make some pretty heavy distortion by itself, but try stacking two on top, then we talk brutal. ;)

I haven't tested it thoroughly yet, so i appreciate any suggestions or comment about how it works for you.

Click here to download this file

• mclstr likes this

#2 Sexy_Blauws

Sexy_Blauws

• Normal Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 03 November 2016 - 14:42

Im sorry but i have a question about all the doofers; how do i use them?
Where do i put them, do i need redux, ... ?

#3 TheBellows

TheBellows

Guruh Motha Fakka is Levitating and Knows Everything About Renoise Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2362 posts
  • Interests:Jepp

Posted 03 November 2016 - 23:56

You can either open a 'init' (or any othe doofer really), then import the doofer file using the 'import preset' option.

Even easier you can simply drag it from the windows folder and drag it into the dsp chain of a track.

A doofer is only a nested set of DSPs and meta devices that technically work as a custom DSP device.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Distortion