instrument grabber suggestions

few suggestions/improvements that would be awesome:

• being able to sample longer then 10000ms

• being able to multisample external gear from instrument grabber menu. could be done with a chromatic midi map and slice afterwards but tedious to map velocity layers.

• optionally: more control on auto looping. now it’s often guessing how the looped sample will sound. and a hassle to manually loop 60+samples after sampling.

few suggestions/improvements that would be awesome:

• being able to sample longer then 10000ms

• being able to multisample external gear from instrument grabber menu. could be done with a chromatic midi map and slice afterwards but tedious to map velocity layers.

• optionally: more control on auto looping. now it’s often guessing how the looped sample will sound. and a hassle to manually loop 60+samples after sampling.

especially 2. i don’t worry about how much they sell, really, as long as they keep on rocking. but, it would be a good selling point for renoise and redux. with some scripts you can almost just about do it as well as some very expensive hardware sampling softs. why not perfect it and build it in?

especially 2. i don’t worry about how much they sell, really, as long as they keep on rocking. but, it would be a good selling point for renoise and redux. with some scripts you can almost just about do it as well as some very expensive hardware sampling softs. why not perfect it and build it in?

exactly my thoughts, this would be a major selling point

and going a bit more crazy on 2: option to sample round robin + some freely assignable midi cc envelopes in instrument grabber screen that can be tied to instrument macro’s afterwards for controlling certain sample switches (could be a scaled down modulation screen for manipulating cc while sampling). keymap screen would need some kind of isometric 3d view tho, for overviewing RR layers and cc manipulated layers + some crossfade options between y-axis and z-axis layers. redux would be a serious contender vs kontakt regarding sample based analog stuff…

sorry i got carried away, a basic version would be nice already :slight_smile:

I would like to be able to capture Renoise instruments too, not just plugins.