Renoise-CDP in Ubuntu Studio

Hi,

I am quite new in Renoise and Ubuntu. I am trying to use cdp in Renoise, but I always get the same message: “An output file was not produced - check your settings”. Well, i have been doing it, but the same message pops up.

I am using Renoise Demo 64bit v3.1.0 in Ubuntu Studio 16.04.

Please, help!

thanks

Maybe this installation guide helps;

http://www.renoise.com/blog/linux-cdp-tool-guide

Recently the CDP devs have updated the programs so setting up environment variables isn’t necessary anymore. I’m not familiar with the Linux version though, thus not sure if that would be a problem in the first place. In any case see that you have the latest version of CDP installed.

I’m having the same issue on Windows, but I know my CDP install works.

I’ve posted a thread about this over at the CDP forum, and will update when I hear back from them.

Thanks a lot.

I am trying to use it on Mac Yosemite and the same thing happened. I use soundloom on mac and it works fine, but CDP on Renoise is giving me the same message I receive in Ubuntu: “An output file was not produced - Check yout settings”.

Also I receive this from the CDP-Renoise interface:

ERROR: INVALID DATA
ERROR: Cannot open output file /var/folders/84/522q4t5x2b70q3bg8_zggkvw0000gn/T/Renoise-0-1372/Renoise_TmpFile-0-135.ana
ERROR: INVALID DATA
ERROR: Cannot open output file /var/folders/84/522q4t5x2b70q3bg8_

By the way,
The CDP-Renoise information ask me to select an empty track as output for the processed file. When a do that, the output box have a “None” in it, and not the empty track’s name.

By the way,
The CDP-Renoise information ask me to select an empty track as output for the processed file. When a do that, the output box have a “None” in it, and not the empty track’s name.

What process are you trying to use? Looks like you’re mixing up a few things, the in & output selectors in the CDP tool gui don’t relate to tracks in Renoise, but sample instruments.

First load up a sample in Renoise’s file browser. Open up the tool and select a process, for example ‘Distort - Distort average’. In the tool gui you will already have the previously loaded sample present in the selectors. Running process will overwrite the existing sample or if you don’t want this, you could select another sample destination in the outputs.

Problem is, an empty instrument slot in the instrument list isn’t sufficient when choosing an output destination, the tool needs a sample or it will throw up an error notice. You can choose a visually empty slot in the instrument list, then right mouse click in the sample list and select ‘insert’…now you have to press the circled arrow icon to the left of ‘process’ in the tool gui for the tool to fetch any newly created instruments / changes. Than select the newly created empty sample in the tool gui to output to.

TLDR does running distort average work on a loaded sample, without messing with any output settings?

Btw I see you have discovered the CDP thread, better check the last few pages for hints on why your mac install doesn’t work. Are you sure you have installed the latest build? (http://www.unstablesound.net/cdp.html )

What process are you trying to use? Looks like you’re mixing up a few things, the in & output selectors in the CDP tool gui don’t relate to tracks in Renoise, but sample instruments.

First load up a sample in Renoise’s file browser. Open up the tool and select a process, for example ‘Distort - Distort average’. In the tool gui you will already have the previously loaded sample present in the selectors. Running process will overwrite the existing sample or if you don’t want this, you could select another sample destination in the outputs.

Problem is, an empty instrument slot in the instrument list isn’t sufficient when choosing an output destination, the tool needs a sample or it will throw up an error notice. You can choose a visually empty slot in the instrument list, then right mouse click in the sample list and select ‘insert’…now you have to press the circled arrow icon to the left of ‘process’ in the tool gui for the tool to fetch any newly created instruments / changes. Than select the newly created empty sample in the tool gui to output to.

TLDR does running distort average work on a loaded sample, without messing with any output settings?

Btw I see you have discovered the CDP thread, better check the last few pages for hints on why your mac install doesn’t work. Are you sure you have installed the latest build? (http://www.unstablesound.net/cdp.html )

Hi Djeoreke, thanks for your help. I manage to make cdp work on mac, but still not on ubuntu studio. I face the same “did not output file” all the time, even doing everything as you told. I have reinstalled CDP and Renoise, but nothing. I re-wrote and saved the bashrc script, and nothing. I must have been doing something completely wrong here. CDP works fine with soundloom and even Xenakios’ Front End for Reaper, but not on Renoise. Still need some help here.

Hi!

https://forum.renoise.com/t/new-tool-3-0-cdp-lua-tool/41466