How do I make my tracks popular?

Hi,

I made a few tracks and only one song and I asked me how to make them popular?
Soundcloud is maybe one address but are there other ways?

Greetz

ZeroCool

If you’re trying to make at least some money, send your music to cdbaby. They’ll make it available on popular places like Spotify/Rhapsody/Apple Music/Google Play/Amazon. They’re pretty affordable, 50 dollars an album or something. They do all the legwork. Basically nobody will have trouble finding your music if they already know your artist name. The band I’m in has used them for three albums and it’s always nice that if I’m out and about, I’ll have no trouble finding our music to listen to. it’s on every platform I know of ready to stream and/or dl.
That said, Just make the art, and make it available, it’s not really up to you how popular it becomes. There’s hacks though, if you devise an outrageous publicity stunt, you might get a nice wave of popularity.

DistroKid will get your album on Amazon, iTunes, Google Play, Spotify, several more. It’s like US $ 20 a year for unlimited albums.

But that just makes stuff available. Marketing, word of mouth, etc. makes things popular.

Hi,

I made a few tracks and only one song and I asked me how to make them popular?
Soundcloud is maybe one address but are there other ways?

Greetz

ZeroCool

What’s the style of your music? There are usually discussion forums for fans of particular genre and they’d typically have a section for promotion of music - start there. Also, if it’s a form of dance music you can try looking for DJs in your area to have them play it at parties or maybe broadcast it over some popular podcasts on Internet radios. Bandcamp.com seems to get a lot of traction recently for independent music, so definitely have a look there.

In the end though - make sure your music is up to snuff :slight_smile:

I used to work for Sony/EMI and was able to make some money in 2011-2012… If you want to make money you need to make a really catchy Pop or Rap song, and there needs to be a video… The music almost doesn’t exist without a music video… If you are more intrumental/electronic artist… You need to make alot of friends… Start DJ’ing and meet alot of people in your city, and I suggest you live in LA/NYC/SF/Berlin, you will have to work alot harder and then possibly, eventually you will have enough clout to become a club DJ and make some money playing or DJing/Live PA and touring… but it wont last very long… You need to think… most importantly… Are you making music for YOU and people who have similar tastes and background… Or are you making music that makes people dance, WOMEN dance… Is it something you think teenage girls would buy on itunes? Is it something that college guys were are getting into ‘electronica’ are going to buy… There are so many factors but to make a successful song you need to make music more for ‘other people’ than music for yourself(ussually)…

-p

Thanx for all the good hints and ideas.
But first I have to learn Renoise better and make more tracks.
Renoise is such a genius software… and you are mostly Professionals.
That comes from hard work and staying tuned.