One-shot(continous) Trigger Phrase Mode

I am unable to figure out how to make a phrase(or pattern) trigger in “one-shot” mode. I only see how to disable/enable loop mode.

There is a button for “one-shot” in the sample editor, but that only affects the sample itself.
Is there an equivalent way for phrases/patterns to act like samples and not get cut off when notes end?

I have searched the manual and forums and can’t seem to find any solid info on this.

I just found a post similar to mine in the Redux thread.

I guess there is no one-shot mode for phrases in Redux. So I’m assuming the same with Renoise?

This seems odd to me?

People who do EDM may not understand why this is important, but treating phrases like one-shot samples makes sense if you do other styles of music.

You mean, a phrase playing samples should somehow not release the samples playing in that phrase?

Because, otherwise it’s just a question of not entering a noteoff … perhaps using macros to control articulation is a better choice?

But no, there is no such option ATM.

In a way, I’m more interested in the ability to specify a post-loop range in the phrase. This would allow you to create a loop and then, when the note triggering the phrase gets released, let the movement in the phrase continue but fade out (or anything you want, really). Would this not also be able achieve what you want?

1 Like

You mean, a phrase playing samples should somehow not release the samples playing in that phrase?

It could be a phrase trigging samples, plugins, midi, … Just want the phase to reach the end, even if there is a note off before the end, or if the pattern ends. The same way a sample would continue.

Just like samples, where there are some sounds that can be set to ignore a note off. This should be an option with phrases(and maybe patterns?).

I suppose I could just convert all my phrases to samples, but that makes things more difficult and less flexible, especially if I’m often changing my mind:-)