Hi! I do not know if it's appropriate to hang this here. But there it goes!
I need help from people with experience on the speaker models I'm going to quote. I have in mind to invest about 300 - 350€ in a pair of studio monitors (150, 170 € per unit). I do not have the opportunity to stop by a specialized physical store to listen to the specific models I've seen online. I would like to invest more money, but the economy is not to be wasted.
I have a simple room, about 10m2. A large and long table with a shelf above, a nearby bed, window and door. The room is not acoustically conditioned, but I do not have serious reverberation problems. Points to keep in mind:
- Nor do I ask for professional-grade speaker specifications. But you know, the better quality / price, better. With double amplifier better.
- I'm going to put the speakers about 50cm-60cm out of my head (they are quite close).
- I need them to be used to compose orchestral music, in the style of original soundtrack. I need to hear nuances, silences, and powerful sound when needed. Basically, orchestra and synthesizer instruments, including electronics. From time to time, I also produce electronic music, but it is not my priority.
- Speaker size, between 5 and 7" of woofer. Compact size, with powerful bass.
- I do not want a subwoofer. I need the speakers to be enough for the recordings.
- Front Bass Reflex. The speakers will stick to the wall. I need accurate bass, without delay, up close.
- I need the amplifier to not make any noise. Some models have problems with this.
- Valid to drop 90º. Front design with all centering (is secondary, but ...).
- Flat sound for production, not colored.
- The newer the better (not old models).
Speakers list (with price):
(I put in parentheses the problems that I have compiled of each model)
- Tannoy Reveal 502 (amplifier noise?) (~139€/u)
- Presonus Eris E5
or E8(amplifier gets very hot?) (~119€/u)
- Presonus Eris E44 (??? , price) (~198€/u)
- KRK RP6 Rokit G3 (colored bass) (~125€/u)
- Adam F5 (bass poor, price) (~198€/u)
- Fluid Audio F5 (lack of presence between 100 and 200Hz) (~239€/pair)
- Samson Resolv SE8 (???) (~159€/u)
- Behringer Nekkst k6 or k5 (???) (~274€/pair)
- Yamaha HS5 (bass reflex back! ) (bass poor, peak 1KHz, "tinny", not shielding) (~165€/u)
- Yamaha HS7 (bass reflex back! ) (not shielding) (~180€/u)
- JBL LSR 305 (bass reflex back! ) (???) (~129€/u, offer!)
- Focal Alpha 65 (not volume level, price) (~210€/u)
- Pioneer S-DJ60X (???) (~150€/u)
- Mackie MR6 MK3 (bass reflex back! ) (~145€/u)
- Alesis Elevate 6 Active (???) (~125€/u)
- Gemini SR-6 (colored bass) (~109€/u)
- M-Audio BX5 D2 or
BX8 D2(bass reflex back! ) (~222€/pair)
- Any more models that you know ???????
Has anyone tried the Presonus Eris E44 or E66? They are more expensive, but I like them to be horizontal. I'm an amateur, not a speaker expert. Please help by providing your experience specific opinion on these models. I would be so grateful. I'm not in a hurry, I just want to make the right purchase, and not regret it later. Surely, buy at an online store in Spain...
I really like the Tannoy Reveal 502. Does anyone have them? Or a friend? Amplifier causes background sound?
How about Presonus Eris E5? etc, etc...
Could they add their models of monitors and their experience, to get to know this world?
I put a reference album of music, to know the music that I want to produce: Pan of John Powell or Avatar of James Horner, This style. You will see that music is a coming and going of energy, with much detail, whisper and power...
In advance, thank you very much for telling your experience!
Yes, I'm a rare which does not use Renoise to produce experimental electronic music
1. TANNOY REVEAL 502
2. PRESONUS ERIS E5
3. PRESONUS ERIS E44
4. KRK RP6 ROKIT G3
5. ADAM F5
Edited by Raul (ulneiz), 15 January 2017 - 03:12.