POLL: What specific functions do you miss for MIDI Input?

Renoise is a great DAW to control using MIDI, but I miss some functions or orders…

I ask all the members of the Renoise forums, what specific functions they would like to control using MIDI input (with your MIDI Keyboard or your MIDI Pad Controller). New or convoluted functions.

I want to compile an exhaustive list.For example, a function would be:

• jump 4 patterns and add new section and rename.
  • Things like that…

Please, can you participate?Say what comes to mind!!!

Please be clear and concise when explaining.Name your MIDI controller too…

Thank you all!

RENOISE Forever!!! :yeah: :drummer: :guitar: :w00t:

Please participate!

Renoise is dead. U cannot fill-in the gaps with scripting. Take that into account and don’t waste your time with feature requests or developing complex tools.

I like how the modified driver (lua tool) for my presonus fader port works : u can jump thru tracks and dsp to control each slider / automation.

The downside is that automation recording doesn’t work on high lpb with that driver. So I cannot use it \o/ This is something the renoise team have to fix, but they won’t do that obviously. So at the end, what for all that effort. Like Taktik said: take it, for what it is, not for what it could be. It’s not a full daw, it’s a tracker, a good one. There is no intention to make it a real daw.

FFX,I know you are desolate by the slow or null development of Renoise :wacko:. I suspect, taktik is only solving errors for a new release, which I suspect will be early 2017 (v3.1.1). So Renoise dead at all is not.Yeah, it sucks!Renoise could be a beast of DAW, maybe in 20 years!

You have almost 2500 posts. You is a veteran member of the forum, and you knows more about his development than I do.But I have things to do for myself, and I’m also curious about what people need. That’s how I learn too.

You can talk privately with Danoise, Dblue, Achenar and Taktik, etc. to put the batteries.I do not think they are going to read the complaints constantly in the forums.

For my part, I prefer to participate with the members of the forum, because the direct leaders of Renoise constantly ignore us. They have other things to do.You already know the situation…

Please participate , for me, a humble member of the forum!

Ok these are good arguments. Go on :slight_smile:

Renoise is dead. U cannot fill-in the gaps with scripting. Take that into account and don’t waste your time with feature requests or developing complex tools.

I like how the modified driver (lua tool) for my presonus fader port works : u can jump thru tracks and dsp to control each slider / automation.

The downside is that automation recording doesn’t work on high lpb with that driver. So I cannot use it \o/ This is something the renoise team have to fix, but they won’t do that obviously. So at the end, what for all that effort. Like Taktik said: take it, for what it is, not for what it could be. It’s not a full daw, it’s a tracker, a good one. There is no intention to make it a real daw.

https://youtu.be/DftsegA-GfI?t=12m25s

Just standard recording-centric daw stuff would be nice, what all of them have - that.

“U cannot fill-in the gaps with scripting.”

What do you mean? just write this in the scripting console

if not renoise.feature and else then table.insert(renoise, feature)

there is no end

#burn :zap:

Better sysex support!!!

Please participate!

and then?

and then?

Then I will see if my needs are similar to yours, or if I am a Martian.

I am making a tool that has relation with this subject.I am experimenting with new functions, trying to unite what interests me most.The tool is made to my liking, but if also is useful to others users, it is always better.I need an overview, to see the limitations.