OSX: Keyboard Focus Problem with Tremolator VST Plugin

Hi

DEVs, after this video you really think that is nothing to do with Renoise? Are you kidding or what?!

I ask you… why i can’t switch preset of my plugins buy mouse if “Enable Keyboard” is un-cheked? WHY?!

Different plugins are implemented differently. I don’t understand what the difference is, but it’s there. There are plenty of plugins where I can click certain UI elements, change presets, whatever, with “enable keyboard” unchecked. Then there are others where, like your example, I need to check it.

I suspect it just comes down to how the individual developers have implemented their UIs.

In other hosts everything works fine. Just checked Live and Bitwig - everything perfect. If other DEVs can why Renoise’s can’t? OR maybe they just don’t want (as usual)? “Enable Keyboard” - is a nightmare function. Why i always need to check/uncheck this? Why in other hosts i don’t need it to Save my presets? I guess this is not hard to change this behaviour.

Just found this: 2 years old post and nothing since…

https://forum.renoise.com/t/keyboard-shortcut-for-enable-keyboard-when-using-plugins/42598

“Enable Keyboard” - is a nightmare function. Why i always need to check/uncheck this? Why in other hosts i don’t need it to Save my presets?

Because in Renoise you can use your keyboard to enter notes? Do you enter notes with your keyboard in other DAWs?

Well, maybe you should write a precise bug report just now, so you get that chance that this could be fixed. Taktik seems to fixing Renoise things lately? Seize the opportunity.

Well, maybe you should write a precise bug report just now, so you get that chance that this could be fixed. Taktik seems to fixing Renoise things lately? Seize the opportunity.

I did this in the same day that this thread. Nothing since in my e-mail, mate.

Thanks for reporting. We’ll try to take a look at this plugin in the coming days.

DEVs, after this video you really think that is nothing to do with Renoise? Are you kidding or what?!

Please report this to the SoundToys crew as well. Will look at this, but it’s quite unlikely that we can work around this in Renoise, but more likely that this can be handled/fixed in the plugin itself.

Ah, I think this is the same problem as I reported before, something with “32bit gui do not update properly”

Please report this to the SoundToys crew as well. Will look at this, but it’s quite unlikely that we can work around this in Renoise, but more likely that this can be handled/fixed in the plugin itself.

You can see the same behavior in old 32 bit TAL plugins, too. Maybe then it’s logical to assume that the prob here relies on Renoise? The problem is also, if the plugin is 32 bit only, you don’t have the option to enable keyboard focus anymore, so the GUIs are not usable at all, anymore.

Please have a look here:

Lot of 32 bit GUIs lag as hell in Renoise 64bit 3.1 on OSX. For example slayer2.

It only updates the last knobs positions on next knob touch. It’s almost unusable. Seen this in a lot of bridged plugins.

Same lag in Renoise 3.01 64bit and 2.8.2 64bit.

Some more 32bit plugins with gui probs in 64 bit Renoise:

TAL U-No-62 (https://tal-software…cts/tal-u-no-62), TAL Elektro II, vanguard, quadrasid, blue, zd6, tal vocoder, tal-bassline…

All work fine in Bitwig 64bit.

https://forum.renoise.com/t/osx-some-bridged-vst-32-bit-guis-in-64-bit-lag-a-lot/45660