Problem With Midi Keyboard

Dear Friends,

I have a problem with my renoise attached with Akai MPK88 midi keyboard.

As in the attachment you see, sometimes renoise puts some kind of commands in the command section automatically without me touching anything on the keyboard.

I don’t know if this is normal or not but I cannot eliminate this problem if this is a problem of course…

PLEASE HELP!!!

Best Regards

Have you tried watching the activity in the MIDI Monitor?

If you see random activity coming in there when you’re not doing anything on your MIDI controller, then it could easily be some faulty hardware (or possibly faulty drivers?) to blame.

I once had a cheap M-Audio Oxygen keyboard, and over time one of the rotary knobs became very fucked up due to some kind of electrical grounding problem. It was basically behaving like a MIDI Theremin. I only had to move my hand near to the rotary knob, and then it would start to spam random MIDI CC messages to the host based on how close my hand was to the controller. It actually would have been cool as hell if it wasn’t so random and annoying, haha.

Anyway… You can choose to enable/disable certain MIDI messages and events being recorded in the MIDI preferences, which may help to avoid this stuff in the meantime.

I had a similar issue with my older Alesis Q49 controller. It happened becos of corrosion in the motherboard from humidity and wear and tear. Its most definitely a hardware issue.
I had a similar issue with my older Alesis Q49 controller. It happened becos of corrosion in the motherboard from humidity and wear and tear. Its most definitely a hardware issue.