Windows 10 and sample editor - stuck touchpad [Solution]

Hi people,

I don’t know where to share this, so I put it right. I will start out by saying thanks to our IRC chat channel for helping me out.

I recently upgraded my laptop to Windows 10 and was hoping that the migration was “smooth” without any issues.

Here was the issue:

I normally use my Renoise for cutting samples. I load my sample into Renoise, set loop-mode to forward, then holding a key while I’m moving the sliders (Start and end point). Here I experienced that the touchpad was stuck while I was holding my key down.

Here is my solution:

1. TouchPad Properties -> Smart check settings -> PalmCheck -> " Set to minimum" < Then you can move the mouse and type at same time.

2. Mouse & TouchPad settings -> TouchPad Delay option -> set to " No delay" < Then you can also use the mouse buttons, while you move mouse and typing.

I hope this can be helpful for others. I thought it would be fair to share knowledge with the knowledge management community :slight_smile:

1. TouchPad Properties → Smart check settings → PalmCheck → " Set to minimum" < Then you can move the mouse and type at same time.

Always being suspicious of features that start with “smart”… B)