Allright, thanks for testing.
Well - i've spent the whole freaking day now, really digging into the midi implementation, and learning everything there is to know about sysex and MIDI-OX, googling, testing everything there is to test, actually. Including all different settings, buffers and so on. And including 3 other sysex applications for Windows.
- My ER-1 can only send and recieve the most basic data (PTN, SNG, ALL), either via triggering it from the ER, or via dump request commands. But stuff like "current pattern data" (the one I need the most) is a no go. Gives me error "Er.9" on the ER, and i also see the error response in sysex ("24") which means data load error.
- This error means that it cannot write to the ER, because Global Protection on the box is set to ON. But the weird part is that it isn't, it's set to OFF ffs. I also did a full reset of the ER-1, but no luck / no difference. And the weird part is that i can write LOCALLY on the ER, I mean overwriting patterns and settings etc. So memory is intact.
- This also means that even if I managed to do a full dump of the ER, I cannot write it back. Data is being sent to the box, but never written.
- Midi filter settings have no impact either, as long as I have dump mode view active on the ER. But i tried every single midi filter setting just in case.
- Can't find anyone else with this same problem, except for a german dude who said on a forum a couple of years ago that his solution for it was to use a simpler program than MIDI OX, called Send SX. Tried it now and exactly same results.
So - only way I see it, I have a faulty unit. Guess it's time to officially give up
Midierror - if you want , confirm that this works for you:
- Send dump request F0 42 3C 51 10 F7 to recieve data for pattern A.01 from the ER. (the "C" in 3C is for midi channel 10, so if you use other midi channel than 10, for example 1, it needs to change to "30")
- Save the sysex data
- Do some random changes to pattern A.01 on the ER
- Send the sysex file to the ER and see if the original patterns comes back
Edited by Denim, 23 March 2017 - 19:10.