4 replies to this topic

#1 Raul (ulneiz)

Raul (ulneiz)

Guruh Motha Fakka is Levitating and Knows Everything About Renoise Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1037 posts

Posted 25 December 2016 - 21:56

I have some doubts that I think are not possible.
Can you check them?:
  1. A command of maximum visible_note_column, return the maximum number of note column visible. Not exist? Using the #... (this number is not always 12)
  2. A command of maximum visible_effect_column, return the maximum number of effect column visible. Not exist? Using the #... (this number is not always 8)
  3. The effect_column.amount_value = 0. Not exist? For amount_value the range is 0-255 according to the documentation, but not return the 0 value, only 1-255.
  4. For selected_note_column and selected_note_column_index not exist the _observable? Exist for selected_track_column and selected_pattern_column...
  5. For selected_effect_column and selected_effect_column_index not exist the _observable?

The 4 and 5 points are for use with "renoise.tool().app_new_document_observable:add_notifier()" and "vb.view[].xxx"

I think the 5 points are missing in the API. Can you check it?

Thanks and Merry Christmas!!!

Edited by Raul (ulneiz), 26 December 2016 - 17:57.

:excl: Development of my tool: GT16-Colors

:excl: My API wishlist R3.1 (updated 24 July 2017):

Spoiler

:excl: My Renoise 3.1 wishlist (updated 26 September 2017):

Spoiler

#2 joule

joule

• Normal Members
  • 1508 posts
  • Interests:music, philosophy, engineering

Posted 26 December 2016 - 15:09

I have some doubts that I think are not possible.
Can you check them?:
  1. A command of maximum visible_note_column, return the maximum number of note column visible. Not exist? Using the #... (this number is not always 12)
  2. A command of maximum visible_effect_column, return the maximum number of effect column visible. Not exist? Using the #... (this number is not always 8)
  3. The effect_column.amount_value = 0. Not exist? For amount_value the range is 0-255 according to the documentation, but not return the 0 value, only 1-255.
  4. For selected_note_column and selected_note_column_index not exist the _observable? Exist for selected_track_column and selected_pattern_column...
  5. For selected_effect_column and selected_effect_column_index not exist the _observable?

The 4 and 5 points are for use with "renoise.tool().app_new_document_observable:add_notifier()" and "vb.view[].xxx"

I think the 5 points are missing in the API. Can you check it?

Thanks and Merry Christmas!!!

1. It's always the same for a specific track type, right. So this would be pretty redundant.

2. See 1.

3. 0 is returned. Perhaps you're getting confused by the fact that 0 only shows in the pattern editor when it's relevant? A "blank value" in the pattern editor is zero, but will only display as 0 when relevant. Checked with: print(renoise.song():pattern(1):track(1):line(1):note_column(1).effect_amount_value)

4 & 5. That's right.

#3 Raul (ulneiz)

Raul (ulneiz)

• Normal Members
  • 1037 posts

Posted 26 December 2016 - 15:29

Thanks joule!!!

For 1 and 2:

visible-note-effect.png

In the case of visible_note_columns of the image, shows 5 columns. This value is not the maximum for note_columns, that is 12. How do I return the value 5?

In the case of visible_effect_columns of the image, shows 3 columns. This value is not the maximum for effect_columns that is 8.  How do I return the value 3? 

How can I return this values?

Spoiler

Spoiler

#4 dblue

dblue

Dodgy Geezer

• Admins
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5627 posts
  • Interests:Code. Music. Graphics.

Posted 26 December 2016 - 17:25

How can I return this values?

renoise.song():track(1).visible_note_columns

renoise.song():track(1).visible_effect_columns
Both properties are read/write.

#5 Raul (ulneiz)

Raul (ulneiz)

• Normal Members
  • 1037 posts

Posted 26 December 2016 - 17:56

renoise.song():track(1).visible_note_columns

renoise.song():track(1).visible_effect_columns
Both properties are read/write.

Thanks dblue. Ok, in some commands I have made a mess to get the maximum value having to use #. All cleared.

3. 0 is returned. Perhaps you're getting confused by the fact that 0 only shows in the pattern editor when it's relevant? A "blank value" in the pattern editor is zero, but will only display as 0 when relevant. Checked with: print(renoise.song():pattern(1):track(1):line(1):note_column(1).effect_amount_value)

Yes, I have already checked. I had a problem with a function and this value. It is already resolved. Thanks! This topic about values for the effects is a little confusing.

I have to check if the drop-down list of effects in pattern editor has all the possible effects. I'm trying to include them all in one tool, and maybe classify them differently..

Spoiler

Spoiler

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: note_column, effect_column, _observable