[Solved] Help: note_column, effect_column, _observable, max-values and

I have some doubts that I think are not possible.

Can you check them?:

1. A command of maximum visible_note_column , return the maximum number of note column visible. Not exist? Using the #… (this number is not always 12)
  2. A command of maximum visible_effect_column , return the maximum number of effect column visible. Not exist?Using the #… (this number is not always 8)
  3. The effect_column.amount_value = 0. Not exist? For amount_value the range is 0-255 according to the documentation, but not return the 0 value , only 1-255.
  4. For selected_note_column and selected_note_column_index not exist the _observable? Exist for selected_track_column and selected_pattern_column…
  5. For selected_effect_column and selected_effect_column_index not exist the _observable?

The 4 and 5 points are for use with “renoise.tool().app_new_document_observable:add_notifier()” and “vb.view[].xxx”

I think the 5 points are missing in the API.Can you check it?

Thanks and Merry Christmas!!!

I have some doubts that I think are not possible.

Can you check them?:

1. A command of maximum visible_note_column , return the maximum number of note column visible. Not exist? Using the #… (this number is not always 12)
  2. A command of maximum visible_effect_column , return the maximum number of effect column visible. Not exist?Using the #… (this number is not always 8)
  3. The effect_column.amount_value = 0. Not exist? For amount_value the range is 0-255 according to the documentation, but not return the 0 value , only 1-255.
  4. For selected_note_column and selected_note_column_index not exist the _observable? Exist for selected_track_column and selected_pattern_column…
  5. For selected_effect_column and selected_effect_column_index not exist the _observable?

The 4 and 5 points are for use with “renoise.tool().app_new_document_observable:add_notifier()” and “vb.view.xxx”

I think the 5 points are missing in the API.Can you check it?

Thanks and Merry Christmas!!!

1. It’s always the same for a specific track type, right. So this would be pretty redundant.

2. See 1.

3. 0 is returned. Perhaps you’re getting confused by the fact that 0 only shows in the pattern editor when it’s relevant? A “blank value” in the pattern editor is zero, but will only display as 0 when relevant. Checked with: print(renoise.song():pattern(1):track(1):line(1):note_column(1).effect_amount_value)

4 & 5. That’s right.

Thanks joule!!!

For 1 and 2:

7165 visible-note-effect.png

In the case of visible_note_columns of the image, shows 5 columns.This value is not the maximum for note_columns, that is 12.How do I return the value 5?

In the case of visible_effect_columns of the image, shows 3 columns.This value is not the maximum for effect_columns that is 8. How do I return the value 3?

How can I return this values?

How can I return this values?

renoise.song():track(1).visible_note_columns

renoise.song():track(1).visible_effect_columns

Both properties are read/write.

renoise.song():track(1).visible_note_columns

renoise.song():track(1).visible_effect_columns

Both properties are read/write.

Thanks dblue. Ok, in some commands I have made a mess to get the maximum value having to use #.All cleared.

1. 0 is returned. Perhaps you’re getting confused by the fact that 0 only shows in the pattern editor when it’s relevant? A “blank value” in the pattern editor is zero, but will only display as 0 when relevant. Checked with: print(renoise.song():pattern(1):track(1):line(1):note_column(1).effect_amount_value)

Yes, I have already checked.I had a problem with a function and this value. It is already resolved. Thanks!This topic about values for the effects is a little confusing.

I have to check if the drop-down list of effects in pattern editor has all the possible effects.I’m trying to include them all in one tool, and maybe classify them differently…