Greetings! I need some advice. I am considering moving to Renoise, but there are some things I need to understand before I make the leap.
Background: I currently use a MIDI keyboard with a built in sequencer, feeding a MacBook Pro running Plogue Bidule. I don't do any audio tracking; all sound sources are virtual instruments. As a result, I am able to save the sequence data, and the entire Bidule setup, per piece of music. Very simple.
The problem: Although this system works very well for me, there is one area where it is horrible ; the tweaking of any type of time varying modulation, especially tempo changes. I really need a GUI and the proper software to make these tweaks possible.
I believe Renoise may be the answer for me, BUT I want to make sure that this will work simply and reliably. So, finally, here are my questions:
- How easy is it to make time varying tempo changes in Renoise? (Outside of a mention in the manual that it is possible, I couldn't find anything explaining the nuts and bolts of it.)
- If I move my Bidule environment into Renoise as a VST plugin, will I be able to save the entire thing as one file?
- If I use Bidule as a plugin within Renoise, does that remove the need for Rewire?
- If I use Bidule within Renoise, how is its I/O handled? I imagine the connections directly to my MOTU 828 Mk3 would be replaced with connections to Renoise. Renoise would then connect directly to my MOTU interface. True?
- If I used Bidule as a standalone application outside of Renoise, I believe that will require Rewire; is this true?
Sorry for the long-winded short story, and thanks in advance to anyone who takes the time to help me out.