Thanks for taking the time to build this. Today I finally got around to trying it out. Unfortunately, I cannot get it to work.
So hopefully you can help me further.
This is what I did so far:
1. Installed xRules
2. Opened Renoise
3. Went to preferences, midi, removed my midi keyboard (arturia keystep) from the 'In Device' list
(now when I press any key on the midi keyboard, no light blinks on the top right)
4. Went to xRules
5. Loaded the aftertouch - cc preset
6. In options under Midi Inputs, I enabled my arturia keystep.
(when I press any key on the midi keyboard, still no lights on the top right)
7. Under input, I changed the last field after the WHEN parameter to 'keystep'
8. Under Convert, I changed the script to output 0x69 (CC #105, which is the filter frequency on the novation a-station)
(still no lights on the top right)
9. I went to renoise midi channel and selected my audio interface output and selected channel 5 (which is where my a-station is)
Now no logging is shown on the midi OUT pane, the midi IN pane still shows the logging from the keystep. But no lights flash in the top right.
Am I missing something? Do I need to configure xRules as a renoise input somewhere?
Additionally I found out that when I create a new rule from scratch and add WHEN channel IS EQUAL TO 1 and then press any key on my midi keyboard, I see the round midi connector symbol inside xRules blinking. I do not see that blinking when using the Aftertouch - cc preset. Even after selecting my correct input port...
Edited by Athaphian, 19 January 2017 - 19:24.