Photo

What gear do use for Renoise performance? Maschine, maybe?

maschine jam performance live

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 planetdamage

planetdamage

• Normal Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 18:48

Hey there!

Been writing a lot of new songs recently (you can find the already released tracks at www.planetdamage.com/music ) and I'm planning to take this to the stage. Thinking about using Renoise as a DAW/performance core and adding some sort of a live hardware to work with. Have you guys used Maschine JAM/Studio/Mikro with Renoise? If so, is that a valid and working piece of setup? If not, what other gear would you recommend or have good experience with?

(Especially interested in the synergy of Renoise and Maschine JAM but at this point anything goes, really.)

Thanks!

#2 Mastrcode

Mastrcode

Super Advanced Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 13:54

I use my hardwaresynth, a Roland SH-201, not just as a synthesizer, i also can use it as a MIDI controller. All the knobs and fader's can send/receive MIDI signals to/from the DAW. Works like a charm. Here's a pic of that Synth:

sh_201_top_gal.jpg

#3 Akiz

Akiz

Guruh Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 966 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 21:05

what have you mapped it looks its best use is for synth not daw

#4 Mastrcode

Mastrcode

Super Advanced Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 21:14

Normally it is a pure synth. But all its knobs and fader can send MIDI CC to inside the DAW via USB. So i can also use the knobs and faders to control all kind of things inside a DAW like with external MIDI controllers. I mainly map it to macro controls inside Renoise. But it's not very portable because of it's size.

If you look for some gear, which is also well portable, then i can recommend these two little boys:

http://www.music-gro...BCF2000/p/P0246

http://www.music-gro...BCR2000/p/P0245

They are also very usable for live performances.

Edited by Mastrcode, 23 January 2017 - 21:42.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: maschine, jam, performance, live