CDP tool ...an output file was NOT produced, check your settings .

Firstly I installed the whole lot of composers desktop …

Then the renoise frontend tool .

On startup , the tool asks for the cd.directory for the program/processes , I did ;

Now , I didn’t know that you could just create a dir .with the programs and not the cdp whole evironment .

Can’t find an option to point to new directory ( with the programs only

In any case …the tool lets me select a process ( so it points to the directiry ) but that’s it , an output file was not produced .check your settings .blah blah

Don’t know if it has anything to do with it , but cdp prog’s are 32 bit , the rest here is 64

Have you seen the CDP thread in the tools forum? This problem seems to come up every other page, and can be dependent on different things…though the latest CDP release should alleviate the problem, apparently on your end it doesn’t.

What OS/system are you using, linux / mac / pc? What process are you trying, does for example ‘Distort interpolate’ work, but the fft processes like ‘blur average’ don’t? See the CDP thread last thread pages for possible solutions; https://forum.renoise.com/t/new-tool-3-0-cdp-lua-tool/41466

1 Like

I inastalled the latest cdp , pointed the renoise tool @ dir cd/progs .

Re-installed tool , set path to cdp executables only ( new directory )

ANd now some processes work …the majority doesn’t …

Making progress here .

Will delve deeper

os.win8

renoise 64

Seems to work now

I am still having some troubles with some eefects not working .

But my main issue , whenever I select a new output file , it gives the above warning .

Choosing the input as output file works , but then it is overwritten etc…

Which effects don’t work?
Also are you using the executable files from here: http://www.unstablesound.net/cdp.html

EDIT: Checked the issues with sending the output file to a new instrument/sample - You need to create an empty sample slot for the sound to go into otherwise it will throw an error, this is a bug in the tool.

1 Like

Well it depends , it’s a bit hit and miss ,

The exe 'hilite ’ 8 paas band filter , mostly the time varying envelopes don’t work …If I change the envelope for the first filter , the changes are reflected onto the envelope …

Always the message’a an oputput file was ot produced ,check your settings .

Convolve exe , all effects that require two input files (wave data that is )…choosing an output file , ( I create a new empty sample for that , long enough ) …always gives me an error message

Well it depends , it’s a bit hit and miss ,

Keep an eye on the terminal output , sometimes parameter setting limits can be the culprit or in the case above ‘incompatible sample-type as input’! So check the sample properties in Renoise sample editor, I think bitrates of both inputs need to be the same, think sample rates don’t matter, but maybe have these the same as well? Not sure, will check.

edit;

In any case using this tool it also helps to keep the documentation at hand, see what processes are meant to do exactly, see if certain parameter settings might depend on each other. Creating the definitions it was sometimes unclear what the minimum / maximum settings were, or these are dependent on the input sample. If you change the input sample in Renoise while already having the tool gui open, it doesn’t hurt to click the swirly arrow icon top right of the tool gui to refresh and fetch the current sample’s length. It will update any parameters that can calculate their parameter limits based on the sample length.

1 Like

I am pretty amazed really .

The distortion , modify and timestretch etc…algo’s are fantastic .

Teamed up with reaktor and cdp it’s a winner combo .

Thanks to djeroek and afta 8 for putting the effort in all this

1 Like

for some reason the ’ pvoc ’ exe filter crashes all the time

for some reason the ’ pvoc ’ exe filter crashes all the time

Crashes here as well in 64 bit windows 10, 32 bit Renoise. With the following in the terminal;

“.wav either has unredable header, or is a textfile with a CDP reserved extension.”

It used to work last time I tried a few versions back, dunno what’s up. The same pvoc .exe is used in the background, every time a fft based process is being processed… and those are all working here.

The same pvoc .exe is used in the background, every time a fft based process is being processed… and those are all working here.

Seems to be an issue only with pvoc extract, the under the hood commands are ‘anal 1’ and ‘synth’ which work fine.

Tried it in terminal and get the same issue with this error:

analysis/synthesis beginning
0 min 0.00 secpvoc: write error: no memory to open sndfile
ERROR: SYSTEM ERROR
ERROR: Can't write to output soundfile: no memory to open sndfile
WARNING: Can't close output sf-soundfile : can't truncate SFfile

I think this is a CDP bug

ANother quick question .

Some of the exe filters have time variant envelopes , whenever I adjust a second envelope , the visual state of the previous ( last edited ) envelope is still shown .

Which means , if I want to modify/readjust some breakpoints of an envelope , the original state is lost …which makes it difficult for detailed editing

Saving my breakpoint envelopes doesn’t work either …

Seems to be an issue only with pvoc extract, the under the hood commands are ‘anal 1’ and ‘synth’ which work fine.

Tried it in terminal and get the same issue with this error:

analysis/synthesis beginning
0 min 0.00 secpvoc: write error: no memory to open sndfile
ERROR: SYSTEM ERROR
ERROR: Can't write to output soundfile: no memory to open sndfile
WARNING: Can't close output sf-soundfile : can't truncate SFfile

I think this is a CDP bug

Weird, I’m probably confusing processes, but thought this one worked before. Will check the cdp forums this afternoon to see if it has been discussed.

Some of the exe filters have time variant envelopes , whenever I adjust a second envelope , the visual state of the previous ( last edited ) envelope is still shown .

Which means , if I want to modify/readjust some breakpoints of an envelope , the original state is lost …which makes it difficult for detailed editing

This has been addressed in the CDP thread (https://forum.renoise.com/t/new-tool-3-0-cdp-lua-tool/41466 ) ;

afta8;

snapback.png

xrxs, on 05 Dec 2016 - 10:04, said:
Anyways yeah it seems really confusing that after editing brkpnt#2 i open brkpnt#1 and see brkpnt#2’s envelope still.

The best way to think of the current approach is that the envelope editor is process independent, hence why there is an ‘Apply’ button. You set the envelope up and then apply it to that parameter… Under the hood, the tool then generates a text breakpoint file for that parameter.

I will look into a fix for this, maybe recall the envelope for the specific parameter if it has been set up already.

I agree it can be confusing.

Saving my breakpoint envelopes doesn’t work either …

Works here. What process are you trying to save breakpoints for?

1 Like

For some reason the terminal says I have exceeded the nyquist frequency , which I have not .

Exe filter : pitch tune 1 , replace spectral frequencies by harmonics of specified pitches in HERTZ .

Mkay this screenshot is wrong …

Anyway , e,ntering a value of 100 hertz in the breakpoint editor also exceeds the nyquist ( according to the terminal )

You didn’t address the previous problem of not being able to save envelopes, so I guess that works now?

About the problem above, looks like the pitch-template parameter shouldn’t be able to be automated over time using an envelope, but actually needs a data input option. Dunno if you have the scripting terminal enabled in Renoise, but open up the definitions file from the CDP tool, go to line 5062 and change input = “brk” to input = “txt” ., then press execute in the bottom right of the scripting terminal to save this change.

Now you’ll be able to specify frequencies in a list and apply these onto your soundfiles. Same input = “brk” can be changed to the input = “txt” in the other pitch tune process.

Take note that when you install a newer version of the tool, these kind of manual changes might get lost. So maybe make a back-up of the definition file if you end up doing more tweaks.

1 Like

Ah…sorry .about the breakpoint .

Well it seems I can save them ( .brk ) , but when loaded the env gui .is not updated , when opening the envelope window for a second .time it resets to it’s intital state

About the list …yes …midi pitches can be inputted as a text file , so can the frequencies( for that specific filter ) …thing is that the terminal says I have exceeded the nyquist freq. which I have not .

Well it seems I can save them ( .brk ) , but when loaded the env gui .is not updated , when opening the envelope window for a second .time it resets to it’s intital state

I don’t think that is a feature yet. While the values are loaded inside the editor, indeed there is no visual representation. Makes sense to have, maybe Aftab can chime in, if that is in the works?

About the list …yes …midi pitches can be inputted as a text file , so can the frequencies( for that specific filter ) …thing is that the terminal says I have exceeded the nyquist freq. which I have not .

Read my post again, while you can manually type in frequency values somewhere inside the breakpoint editor window, clicking the icon next to the pitch_template parameter shouldn’t offer you this envelope editor to begin with. It is a fault I’ve made in the definitions file of the script. When you apply the changes I mentioned above through the scripting terminal, you’ll get a different breakout box in which you can type the values and won’t have this nyquist problem (I hope/think :)).

If you are unable to change the scripts definition file on your end, than this won’t be fixed until a new update. I hope to squash out more of these faulty parameter/min/max mash-ups, so keep 'em coming :slight_smile: .

1 Like

I don’t think that is a feature yet. While the values are loaded inside the editor, indeed there is no visual representation. Makes sense to have, maybe Aftab can chime in, if that is in the works?

Yup, thats my bad, I didn’t test this in my eagerness to push out the last update. Should be an easy fix though.

If you are unable to change the scripts definition file on your end, than this won’t be fixed until a new update. I hope to squash out more of these faulty parameter/min/max mash-ups, so keep 'em coming :slight_smile: .

Will update the definitions issue found in here… nice to see you using it @gentleclockdivider but lets keep feedback in the CDP thread in tools forum please, makes it easier to keep track of issues. Ta

1 Like