Photo

You like Renoise? > Motivate the developers and BUY stuff!

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#1 Roppenzo

Roppenzo

Big Daddy Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 30 January 2017 - 03:39

Let's motivate the dev-team by buying stuff!! :walkman:

renoise_3_screen.jpg
Renoise Digital Audio Workstation
Full version license [3.1 - 4.1] (EUR 68.00/USD 75.00)

redux_1_screen.jpg
Redux VST/AU Plugin instrument
Full version license [1.0 - 2.0] (EUR 58.00/USD 65.00)

To8WZbi.png
Renoise Upgrade - 3.1 (EUR 48.00/USD 55.00)

QW6UU2C.png
Redux Upgrade - 1.0 (EUR 40,00/USD 45.00)

men-s-hoodie-yellow-renoise-logo-mens-pr
Men's Hoodie - Yellow Renoise Logo (32,99 €)

winter-hat-yellow-renoise-tag-winter-hat
Winter Hat - Yellow Renoise Tag(16,99 €)

thong-red-renoise-tag-women-s-string-tho
Thong - Red Renoise Tag (13,99 €)

men-s-zip-up-hoodie-white-renoise-tag-me
Men's Zip Up Hoodie - White Renoise Tag (37,99 €)

flexfit-baseball-cap-red-renoise-tag-fle
Flexfit Baseball Cap - Red Renoise Tag (26,99 €)
mug-red-renoise-tag-mug.jpg
Mug - Red Renoise Tag (11,99 €)

And there's a lot more where this came from at the
Official Merchandise-Store

Comment in this topic about your "Renoise- Purchase",  and let's make "the total motivation in cash" bigger!!

I've just bought myself Redux for 40,00 EU;

As a registered Renoise user, you are entitled to a 30% discount when buying Redux.

Total motivation for the dev-team from this day on = 40,00 EU

House Music All Night Long. - Say What?

#2 Rashinamu

Rashinamu

Advanced Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
  • Interests:Gl14ch, Chiptune extravaganza, House, Dubstep, shemusi(wait that's not supposed to be there), aaaaand maybe psytrance/drum & baste.

Posted 30 January 2017 - 05:59

Holy shit who approved of this? :lol:

That's all the motivation that the Renoise team needs :^)

Proficient in Colemak and Qwerty..... oh wait this is Renoise. (o.o)

#3 dblue

dblue

Dodgy Geezer

• Admins
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5586 posts
  • Interests:Code. Music. Graphics.

Posted 30 January 2017 - 08:48

Just so it's perfectly clear: The clothing and other items on Spreadshirt are just for fun, set to the lowest possible base price that Spreadshirt offers, with no profit added on top.

In other words, Renoise is not funded by thongs, they're just for you to look sexy while you get hexy!
  • DJ TerraByte, Ledger, Conner_Bw and 11 others like this

#4 redhoot

redhoot

• Normal Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 30 January 2017 - 09:03

i upgraded my renoise and bought redux a week or two ago. Bitwig and redux is pretty sweet.

#5 TheBellows

TheBellows

Guruh Motha Fakka is Levitating and Knows Everything About Renoise Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2325 posts
  • Interests:Jepp

Posted 30 January 2017 - 14:41

Just bought a hoodie, too bad there is no profit made from it, but i will look sexy at least.

#6 Roppenzo

Roppenzo

Big Daddy Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 30 January 2017 - 15:51

Total motivation for the dev-team made in this topic in cash = 72,99 EU

House Music All Night Long. - Say What?

#7 Carbonthief

Carbonthief

• Normal Members
  • 1072 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 01:51

I'm buying a Renoise thong for the winner of MB 2017.

• Conner_Bw, TheBellows and f+d+k like this

#8 Bungle

Bungle

Big Masta Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 504 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 18:05

Aaaaaah bless, lets morivate them to create an entirely new product (wait, you do read the forum, right ? )
Meh

#9 trueschool

trueschool

• Normal Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 08 February 2017 - 20:05

I've heard a few rumblings on the boards here that sound like business isn't going so great for Renoise's devs, including this post. Should we be worried that Renoise isn't going to survive or something? Can anyone point me to a post where the devs are expressing worry that they won't be able to go on?

#10 gentleclockdivider

gentleclockdivider

• Normal Members
  • 2481 posts
  • Interests:slacking

Posted 08 February 2017 - 23:55

Oh..dear.

Quick ...let's create a thread to express our concerns .. 

THERE IS NO RELIGION SUPERIOR TO THE TRUTH

THERE IS NO TRUTH SUPERIOR TO THE ONE I CHOOSE

C'EST MIEUX D'ETRE BELLE ET REBELLE

QUE MOCHE ET REMOCHE

RUBIO RABIA

#11 pat

pat

Big Daddy Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 435 posts

Posted 09 February 2017 - 01:16

I've heard a few rumblings on the boards here that sound like business isn't going so great for Renoise's devs, including this post. Should we be worried that Renoise isn't going to survive or something? Can anyone point me to a post where the devs are expressing worry that they won't be able to go on?

It's pure speculation from people who don't have access to any of the relevant information.

#12 Bungle

Bungle

Big Masta Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 504 posts

Posted 09 February 2017 - 10:50

It isn't speculation, it is fact, the developers are working on something entirely different, they outright said so, get over it.

Do people round here think they should carry on updating some niche project (Renoise) and not actually work on things that will make them money.

And has Renoise stopped working or something ? 

No it hasn't and i doubt it will anytime soon.

Meh

#13 Heptagen

Heptagen

• Normal Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 15:01

It isn't speculation, it is fact, the developers are working on something entirely different, they outright said so, get over it.

Source? And what does that mean for us renoise users? Is there a way to tell already, that e.g. Renoise 4.0 will never happen?
You got me getting all scared n shit over here... :o

#14 OopsIFly

OopsIFly

Guruh Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 857 posts
  • Interests:...daydreams... -VS- ...propaganda...

Posted 15 March 2017 - 15:24

@Heptagen

Look at official status post by taktik here: http://forum.renoise...e-5#entry353971

Seems like Renoise is currently on hold due to time shortage, but hopefully not on hold forever and will be resumed at some time.

#15 Heptagen

Heptagen

• Normal Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 15:34

Thanks, that was clear.

I also found this statement from taktik:

"We're not intending to close down the Renoise project, but indeed the next big release is not around the corner. As mentioned before, we actually always have been working on/off Renoise..."

This calms me down a little bit.

#16 ffx

ffx

• Normal Members
  • 2869 posts
  • Interests:Renoise sidechaining, macOS fanboying

Posted 15 March 2017 - 23:41

The guy who still uses renoise 3.0 asks others to buy 3.1.... He, strange.

MacOS 10.12.6 Retina, Renoise 3.1 64 bit   -   Tuned Shortcuts | Multi-Jump From/To Send | Quick Template | Insert Native DSP Menu (incl. deprecated)

#17 OopsIFly

OopsIFly

Guruh Member

• Normal Members
  • 857 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 23:48

Oh, you say this is a silly game? like out of the 4 people who buy new licenses because of this thread, 2 won't like them, and one might sell on discount to him - so he can finally upgrade to 3.1?

What a naughty boy then. But clever. Renoise 3.1 haz more power than 3.0.

Now go to bed.

#18 Heptagen

Heptagen

• Normal Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 07:17

Honestly I think its a damn tragedy that people are not willing to pay the ridiculous amount of 75$ for a full-sized DAW. Every time I take a look at the competition I am shocked by their prices and conditions (Bitwig: >300$, upgrades for 12 months, 170$ p.a. after that, Ableton: 350-600€, 2-3 installations per license...) yet people seem to not even flinch paying these amounts of money.

I've tried ableton but it doesn't work for me though I am not what you would call a traditional trackerkid. Renoise is my home and Renoise is where my heart is. And it damn hurts to see people not giving a flying fuck about the devs.

/rant

Edited by Heptagen, 16 March 2017 - 08:17.

• gimmeapill likes this

#19 OopsIFly

OopsIFly

Guruh Member

• Normal Members
  • 857 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 15:01

Yes, I aggree, renoise is brilliant and has very fair licensing. My investment in a license has been the best I've done in many years, didn't hurt my wallet either - and the software just keeps me going on and on. This is the type of software you don't use cracked until you earn money with, you rather pay for it right away when you see it suits your need, to show respect for the thing being run on & pushed ahead.

Hell, if it would help development I'd even buy a hoodie or 2. Or maybe even a thong, though I don't know how its measures would correspond to my hat size, and the logo upside down on the back of the head wouldn't be so cool either. Bad to hear the merchandise won't go a single cent into buying pizza and beer for the devs though. Or into buying another dev. Or...

• gimmeapill likes this

#20 abique

abique

Advanced Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 14:11

They should switch to a model similar to a purchase model similar to bitwig studio, they'll get constant motivation! ;-)

• ffx likes this

#21 ffx

ffx

• Normal Members
  • 2869 posts
  • Interests:Renoise sidechaining, macOS fanboying

Posted 21 March 2017 - 17:57

Ok, repeating over and over, sorry for that, but there is a problem with Renoise: It is semi-dead, in zombie stasis. So, technically outdated in some ways for some more people. Some extra buys won't change anything, it's up to the dev(s).

They should switch to a model similar to a purchase model similar to bitwig studio, they'll get constant motivation! ;-)

Let's see in 11 months if that really did work. Looks good to me so far, but curious when the machine-gun-out new features will happen.

MacOS 10.12.6 Retina, Renoise 3.1 64 bit   -   Tuned Shortcuts | Multi-Jump From/To Send | Quick Template | Insert Native DSP Menu (incl. deprecated)

#22 OopsIFly

OopsIFly

Guruh Member

• Normal Members
  • 857 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 18:29

Renoise Dead? Rly?

1402600482_820acf6ce0.jpg

#23 Raul (ulneiz)

Raul (ulneiz)

Guruh Member

• Normal Members
  • 929 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 19:12

It seems that over and over again, people who test Renoise, view the potential it has and what it currently offers. However, Renoise is "paralyzed" right at a rather busy time on the part of the rest of DAWs, that causes that Renoise is obsolete in a short time. S1, Ableton Live, FL Studio, Bitwig, Pro tools, Cubase, all are programs that have improved recently, at least in the last two years... Some examples:

• Presonus Studio One gave a very important leap with its version 3.
  • FL Studio with version 12, with a lot of changes
  • Cubase with version 9
  • Bitwig recently with version 2

Renoise changed version 3.0.1 to version 3.1 (January 2016), with some significant changes. But there seems to be something in common in the rest of DAWs: The look and the GUI, the use of colors, layers, the order and speed of handling... The use of multiple screens and high resolutions has led to drastically improve the DAWs crowd GUI. That means investing a lot of time in changing the entire GUI to gain advantages. Renoise is obsolete for this reason. While other developers are not wasting time, Taktik is investing his time in another project, leaving forgotten Renoise. This makes the situation worse.

The launch of Redux already augured a bad future situation. For Renoise there is nothing worse than investing time in other software. Already happened with Redux, and is happening in the last months. Probably, next year there will be a review of Renoise, with some patches, that have already been solved many months before. It's a bit strange situation. What it is good to quickly solve an error if you do not release a version with corrections for clients. In the end it all comes down to time and money.

No time is invested in Renoise, result: it becomes obsolete. Renoise does not get to amass money to continue its development, result: it is obsolete. At the moment, it seems that they are happening the two things.

That is not possible, simply because Taktik is alone as a programmer. He would need to hire at least one other full-time programmer, and Taktik would only work at Renoise, not another project.

Ok, repeating over and over, sorry for that, but there is a problem with Renoise: It is semi-dead, in zombie stasis. So, technically outdated in some ways for some more people. Some extra buys won't change anything, it's up to the dev(s).

Unfortunately it is true. It is only patiently waiting for Taktik to finish his other project and have his spare time for Renoise. Meanwhile, many of your regulars customers are desperate, and the fault is of Renoise, for being so good DAW and with a very great potential. I think the best thing for Taktik is to start thinking seriously about changing the GUI from scratch from Renoise. It's a big job, but it would be the only way to maintain a tracker these days, since the current GUI is not fine on some things and a simple adaptation to higher resolutions would still drag the old GUI with its problems. 2020 is just around the corner and with Renoise everything is going too slow. And people get older!!!

At bottom the problem is not competition, but Renoise currently has no development. It's stopped. And that can not be. Renoise deserves more attention, because it is very worthwhile!

:excl: Development of my tool: GT16-Colors

:excl: My API wishlist R3.1 (updated 24 July 2017):

Spoiler

:excl: My Renoise 3.1 wishlist (updated 18 July 2017):

Spoiler

#24 OopsIFly

OopsIFly

Guruh Member

• Normal Members
  • 857 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 23:43

Oh, Raul, so eloquently explained. Thank you. Now I don't like renoise any more and won't BUY any stuff to motivate the developers. Though...I would still like to buy them a bottle of rum, cheap one, so they might be better minded towards improving renoise. In the mean time you organise a crowdfund for 1 ear of living in which he will daily be harrased to implement sidechaining and hidpi into renoise. No excuse for him! He will puke and sell the project to magix, who will then feast upon the cadaver full of maggots and ill smelling juices that are sticky an...

yeah, some rum...

#25 OopsIFly

OopsIFly

Guruh Member

• Normal Members
  • 857 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 23:44

- forum software hukkup double post, but suits the lameness of the post well -

Edited by OopsIFly, 21 March 2017 - 23:45.