toggle on/off in addition to oneshot and momentary

In renoise I have the option for momentary or oneshot triggering of samples but it would be good for live drumpad performances to have toggle on / off as well.

You mean, as in every second hit will trigger a sound and every second hit won’t?

Hm, quite a special scenario - but there is a way, I think.

First, make sure your “toggling” drum is assigned to it’s own modulation chain.

Then, add a Stepper device to this chain and make sure it’s alternating between two values: all the way up and all the way down.

As modulation chains are processed polyphonically, you shouldn’t experience that the previous sound is “cut off” by the new one.

Hey, thanks for the swift response!

It would be for triggering longer samples in a live drumpad routine, maybe an 128 line sequence which had been rendered to sample previously.

I could press the drumpad once and that sample would then loop indefinitely until I hit the pad a second time.

If I had four of those 128 line sequences rendered as samples and assigned to the top four pads I could hit the top leftmost pad, play drums over it for some time, then hit both the top leftmost and top second from left pads at the same time to stop the first looped sample and start the second one to play drums over and so on… hope that was sensical

Do you think the stepper device workaround would work for that? I’ll try it tonight anyway

Do you think the stepper device workaround would work for that? I’ll try it tonight anyway

Yes, if you assign your toggling sample to a mute group you should be able to pull this off, I think.

The mute-group will make each triggered sound stop the currently playing one.

And the stepper device then makes sure the volume is toggling (technically, it will still play, but be silent)