• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 06 February 2017 - 12:39

File Name: VSCO Chamber Orchestra Community Edition XRNI version

File Submitter: zeograd

File Submitted: 06 Feb 2017

File Category: Instruments

License: CC0, Public Domain

XRNI conversion from the orchestral samples library Versilian Studios Chamber Orchestra (VSCO 2.1) Community Edition ( http://vis.versilstu...-community.html ).

Compared to the direct use of the SFZ companion files in renoise, this set of XRNI brings :
- modulation set support (proper ADSR, and multiple modulation set for some instrument)
- volume and mapping fixes (as of 20170215, they've been backported into the original branch for release on a 2.1+ version)
- usable instruments on case sensitive file systems (3 instruments SFZ relies on case insensivity. This will be proposed for inclusion in the original set of SFZ files)
- smaller download size (due to flac vs wav)
- individual instrument download (which is also a backdraw when you want the whole library at once)
- removal of SFZ instruments with renoise incompatible features (group cycling among playing technics for a single instrument)

Click here to download this file

• RachmanEnough and Francky like this

#2 OopsIFly

OopsIFly

Guruh Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts
  • Interests:...daydreams... -VS- ...propaganda...

Posted 15 February 2017 - 21:39

Very nice and mostly rather warm than sterile sounds.

The instruments seem to be sampled with a slight room effect (i.e. in a concert room) and each with an own positional cue, so they find their place and breath right away without any additional effects nessicary.

BUT the instruments in the state how they are downloadble here can crash renoise 3.1 - almost all of them address a non existant modulation set in the last sample. As soon as that sample is played, renoise will bomb out. I fixed it for me (changing the mod set of the last sample to the existing one & resaving, but this could also be scriptable...), and am glad to have this in my arsenal now. Maybe you want to reconsider running a script on it and reupload the library.

#3 Ancient Origin

Ancient Origin

• Normal Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 10:48

This XRNI's are AMAZING!!!! Love them so much.... amazing work!!!!

#4 bach

bach

• Normal Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 08 April 2017 - 01:56

Awesome, was looking for this in xrni format.

#5 RachmanEnough

RachmanEnough

Advanced Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 23:38

Awesome, thanks !

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: orchestra, string, woodwind, brass, piano