New Tool (3.1) Send Mixer (Feb 2017)

New tool:

Download On Tools page:

http://renoise.com/tools/send-mixer

Gives you a mixer to control all your send levels:

1. Choose target send track from switcher on top left.

2. Move sliders and send devices are automatically added to tracks if not already present .

3. Navigate tracks by pressing the blank square buttons (left of [S] buttons). They light up green when a track is selected

4. solo tracks with the [S] buttons

Also has a MON button (toggle) which lets you hear the audio from the sends only. In renoise if you solo a send you still hear the output from the tracks pointing to it. The MONitor function adds Silent Gainers (-INFdB) to each track so that all you hear is the audio flowing through the send tracks. While Autosolo is checked and MON enabled, simply click each individual send track button to hear it`s true solo output. To hear all sends together, disable Autosolo.

Note: Autosolo option only becomes visible when MON is engaged.

If you get in a muddle with solo/ mon states just press the RESET button and all goes back to default. You can rename tracks in the textfields and a special renaming textfield is provided to rename the target send track.

Bug reports and feedback as always welcome though I`m not looking to start making this one much more complicated. It is meant to be used in combination with the renoise GUI as an aid to it.

Menu: Tools:Ledger`s Scripts:Send Mixer

Shortcut: Global:Tools: Send Mixer

My Other Scripts:

change log

v0.71 up on tools site.

• added dB readout next to new Post FX Volume Slider

v0.7

• Post FX Volume Slider

v 0.65

• Updated to incorporate kytdkut`s suggestion
  • fixed a bug where send [M. Src] buttons were not being updated properly on groups.

v 0.62

• “M. Src.” button deactivated when no send present

v0.61

• new “M. Src.” (Mute Source) toggle added to control [Mute Source] [Keep Source] in each send device

v0.60

• tracks now unmuted on gui close (mon)
  • opens on selected send track
  • double click send target buttons selects target send track

v0.59

1) Now “MON” mode has an “Auto Solo” function. When it is enabled, you can click the different send targets and you will only hear the output of that send track. When you un-check Auto Solo you hear all of the send tracks playing together --improved handling by using Silent Gainers rather than renoises native solo features

2) The send target tracks have been changed from a switcher to buttons. This means that a second click on the target send button now selects that send track in renoise. You can still click on the selector button but the double click can be quicker and more convenient.

3) If the tool is opened when a send track is selected in renoise, then that send track will now automatically be the chosen target track in the tool GUI.

-other minor improvements

v0.56 Efficiency improvements and MON mode now works a bit differently by auto soloing the target send track as you choose it. This is a custom soloing and does not use renoise soloing

v 0.54 (IMPROVEMENT) When in MON mode: as you choose send tracks they will be solo so you just hear the target track output. Track selection still is done manually though.

v0.53 fixes:

edit: KNOWN ISSUE doesn`t update properly when tracks are dragged around. restart tool after re-arranging tracks. Adding/ deleting tracks is not a problem though as tool will automatically restart itself.

Send chooser buttons made a bit smaller to fit more onto smaller screen spaces

3 Likes

This is fantastic!

One thing I came across pretty quick was if you solo the send with the S button at the top it is impossible to get back to everything not being soloed, reset doesn’t make a difference.

1 Like

This is fantastic!

One thing I came across pretty quick was if you solo the send with the S button at the top it is impossible to get back to everything not being soloed, reset doesn’t make a difference.

I can`t replicate this here, does this happen all the time?. Could you try and reload all tools to see if it fixes it?

Also I just updated the first post to 0.51 with cosmetic changes. Instead of a popup to choose the target send there is now a switch for faster use.

I think it is something to do with groups, I tried with an empty song and everything was ok, going back to my default template it seems that groups are left soloed.

The switch is great for changing. I don’t think I would ever come across this but if you have too many sends you can only access so many with the tool. I got to 19 on my screen and could access more after that. I don’t have more than 10 ever but I guess it might be good to have a contingency for people who might?

I think it is something to do with groups, I tried with an empty song and everything was ok, going back to my default template it seems that groups are left soloed.

The switch is great for changing. I don’t think I would ever come across this but if you have too many sends you can only access so many with the tool. I got to 19 on my screen and could access more after that. I don’t have more than 10 ever but I guess it might be good to have a contingency for people who might?

I see, I`ll take a look at groups more closely thanks!

I`ll take a look at the send max limit some time too. In the mean while there was a problem with 0.51 when a song had less than two sends present. 0.52 is now uploaded and adds new send tracks on starting so a minimum of two are there always.

Sweet. Thank you.

1 Like

0.53 up:

https://forum.renoise.com/t/new-tool-3-1-send-mixer-feb-2017/47413

Now the tool should stay updated when tracks are dragged around in renoise. Also made the send tabs/ buttons at the top a bit smaller to accomodate more sends on smaller screens.

Still not run into this yet Meef. can you recreate with a specific example?

Still not run into this yet Meef. can you recreate with a specific example?

Sure, try this project. Maybe it is not groups but it’s reproducible every time in this project.

v 0.54 (IMPROVEMENT) When in MON mode: as you choose send tracks they will be solo so you just hear the target track output. Track selection still is done manually though.

Sure, try this project. Maybe it is not groups but it’s reproducible every time in this project.

I still could not replicate this even with your project. I am able to clear solos on the group tracks aswell as on everything else with “RESET” or “S” buttons?

Maybe try with latest 0.54 up in first post.

I think I’ve found out what’s causing it…In preferences>Plug/Misc I have Solo Mode (right click) set to Solo, if I set it to Mute Others then the tool works as it should. If that’s not the default I don’t remember why I would have changed it but I will keep it on Mute Others for now.

new version 0.56 in first post:

v0.56 Efficiency improvements and MON mode now works a bit differently by auto soloing the target send track as you choose it. This is a custom soloing and does not use renoise soloing

I think I’ve found out what’s causing it…In preferences>Plug/Misc I have Solo Mode (right click) set to Solo, if I set it to Mute Others then the tool works as it should. If that’s not the default I don’t remember why I would have changed it but I will keep it on Mute Others for now.

I see thanks for letting me know. Something there to look at for sure.

Is this tool can be used to automate soloing on tracks?

To solve the old request…

Is this tool can be used to automate soloing on tracks?

To solve the old request…

No, this tool is just a GUI to consolidate all the send device sliders pointing to a send track/s. The solo buttons just mirror the renoise solo buttons. The MON solo function is specific to fully solo the send tracks which is not possible in renoise natively. No automation is added by the tool.

Some solo automation tool would be possible with scripting though; using gainers set to -INF and have the tool control them and add automation into renoise…

0.59 now in first post

1. Now “MON” mode has an “Auto Solo” function. When it’s enabled, you can click the different send targets and you will only hear the output of that send track. When you un-check ‘Auto Solo’ you hear all of the send tracks playing together --improved handling by using ‘Silent Gainers’ on the sends. This means you can solo individual instrument tracks while in this mode too.

2. The send target tracks have been changed from a switcher to buttons. This means that a second click on the target send button now selects that send track in renoise. You can still click on the selector button (that turns green) but the double click can be quicker and more convenient.

3. If the tool is opened when a send track is selected in renoise, then that send track will now automatically be the chosen target track in the tool GUI.

-other minor improvements

v0.60

-tracks now unmuted on gui close (mon)
-opens on selected send track
-double click send target buttons selects target send track

Brilliant time saver Ledger, thank you!

One suggestion; Maybe a Mute Source/Keep Source toggle would be useful for each send in the tool pane?

Cheers

Thal

1 Like

One suggestion; Maybe a Mute Source/Keep Source toggle would be useful for each send in the tool pane?

Done, and up in the first post:

Version 0.61

Nice one!

1 Like

Now on tools page:

http://renoise.com/tools/send-mixer

great!

1 Like