MicroTonic MIDI Routing not working

I’m trying to send the MIDI out from MicroTonic to another VST and it’s not working.

I can get Obscurium to send MIDI, and I can get MicroTonic to send MIDI in Cubase, just can’t get MicroTonic to send MIDI in Renoise.

Any help is appreciated.

Forgot to add, versions and OS:

Mac OS 10.12.3

Renoise 3.1

MicroTonic 3.2

I don’t have a copy of µTonic around that I can test, so can’t really confirm if the Midi routing is working or not.

Great plugin, nevertheless :slight_smile:

I remember it having multiple modes

Firsty, it lets you trigger drums directly using notes. I guess this is not what you’re referring to?

Another mode lets notes trigger the internal sequencer. And, possibly related, an auto-sync mode which synchronizes with the host playback.

Firsty, it lets you trigger drums directly using notes. I guess this is not what you’re referring to?

No, I’d like to be able to send the pattern information to another VST via Renoise’s “MIDI Routing” on the plugin page. I can route MIDI this way in Renoise with Obscurium, just not MicroTonic. Also, I can send MIDI out with MicroTonic in Cubase, so it’s just Renoise and MicroTonic that aren’t playing nicely.

I can’t help , since the demo version of microtonic has expired .

Are you sure midi output is enabled in microtonic ?

When setting microtonic to chromatic mode (playing 1 part across keyrange ) , does it send out midi ?

I can’t help , since the demo version of microtonic has expired .

Are you sure midi output is enabled in microtonic ?

When setting microtonic to chromatic mode (playing 1 part across keyrange ) , does it send out midi ?

Yeah output is enabled. Chromatic mode doesn’t work either.

Any update on this ?
I also unable to send midi from microtonic to other Renoise channels / instruments.
It does work in Reaper btw.

Same here
Should have been fixed after all these years , renoise is the only host where this happens

1 Like

Microtonic note offs are automatically send after a note on , the time between both events is 0.040 ms .
Maybe renoise has a problem with the fact that microtonic automatically generates note off events ( and so fast )

1 Like

BUmp

Confirming, the issue still persists in latest 3.3.1 Renoise version.

Bumpertastic. Anyone figure out a workaround? I’ve been able to route Microtonic to, say, Redux on Live but would be nice to send midi to instruments in the grandaddy Renoise.

Finally found the problem here - MicroTonic queries the host’s “receiveVstEvents” feature before sending out MIDI. This wasn’t enabled in Renoise by accident and thus MicroTonic never has send any MIDI.

Will be fixed in the next Renoise update…

2 Likes

Fantastic! Thanks a million, you are not forgetting even such small bugs to squish! Kind regards.

Taktik is on a roll lately !
nice !

1 Like

Thank you for addressing this in the update!!! :two_hearts:

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.