Nice Lady

So normally when I sequence drums I do it note-by-note in a very long a tedious fashion in the pattern editor, cause I’m a f*ckin masochist. But recently I got the idea to make a breakcore track using phrase editor randomisation to create complex drum patterns containing multiple chopped breaks that fluctuate between each other, and which required minimal sequencing. I dunno if this is a common thing people do or not, but it was an interesting new way of working for me.

All of the breaks drum hits are randomly selected from a pool of samples, but are sequenced in a way that they will fire in logical fashion and not just arbitrarily. Secondary drums are completely randomly selected with no logical pattern. Vocal stabs are randomised entirely with no logical pattern. And the melody isn’t random, on purpose, so that it adds a continuous reference point within the track. I’d explain the whole thing a lot better if I could, but I don’t really know how to properly, it makes more sense in my head I guess :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyway, the track is quite short and I wouldn’t call really call it finished either, the structure, and pacing is a off and needs fixing. I haven’t gotten round to doing anything else with it yet so this is what it is so far. Figured I’d put it up here for shits and giggles to see what people think of it.

Have a good Tuesday

Peace out

https://soundcloud.com/mugmouth/nice-lady