#1 ToybOx

ToybOx

Big Masta Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 550 posts
  • Interests:Voodoo

Posted 25 March 2017 - 02:23

First of all i adore Renoise so i hate to complain at all but is anybody else pissed off waiting for an update?Wouldn't be half as annoying if we had some sort of information on what was going on...Wait is getting a bit ridiculous at this stage no?Am i the only one sick of waiting?Would prefer even the smallest of updates to big long periods of nothing.Had to vent,getting tired of checking the site to see if there is any information at all.

#2 Meef Chaloin

Meef Chaloin

Big Daddy Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 05:51

Search the forum...

#3 Roppenzo

Roppenzo

Big Daddy Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 13:13

5s4kkZ1.gif
  • gimmeapill likes this
House Music All Night Long. - Say What?

#4 oneunkind

oneunkind

Big Daddy Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 420 posts
  • Interests:the next space age

Posted 25 March 2017 - 13:51

hi.TRAXXORZ FOREVERXZZZ!~!!!!!

Edited by oneunkind, 26 March 2017 - 06:39.

"...one of those new Big Muffs..."

#5 toblerpone

toblerpone

Guruh Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 902 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 22:28

Wait is getting a bit ridiculous at this stage no?

No

#6 LOLFAIL

LOLFAIL

Chief Above Chief Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 09:25

LOL renoise is complete, and done, how can u be pissed off of things you dont have or know to exist??

its stable and it works

updates will not make your shit better, your skill will

#7 ffx

ffx

Guruh Motha Fakka is Levitating and Knows Everything About Renoise Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2818 posts
  • Interests:Renoise Sidechain

Posted 26 March 2017 - 09:51

LOL renoise is complete, and done, how can u be pissed off of things you dont have or know to exist??
its stable and it works

Are you drunk?

I would be curious, if the team already finished their other, not renoise related project?
  • ToybOx, Medievil-Music, Raul (ulneiz) and 1 other like this

#8 Raul (ulneiz)

Raul (ulneiz)

Big Super GrandMasta Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 11:50

its stable and it works

To say things like that is for mentally retarded people. Please think before you say nonsense. I tell you with all due respect. Normally I do not bother answering things like that, but it's that some people get to such a low level that it's disturbing...

I guess you were joking!

Are you drunk?

I would be curious, if the team already finished their other, not renoise related project?

Yes, that would mean that he would have the free time to devote him to Renoise again. I understand that prefer secrecy, to launch as a surprise. But since that other project has nothing to do with Renoise, it's something that not matters to me, I'm just curious to know which program has been guilty of quitting Renoise. Rather, know how they go with Renoise.

In theory, a review with patches will be released as soon as Taktik returns... The theme: "Taktik Returns???"

#9 sokoban

sokoban

• Normal Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 16:14

its stable and it works

LOL renoise is NOT complete ;)

More seriously, even if Renoise is the best DAW imho, there still are some really cool features that can be added (and that already exist on other DAWs). After that, YES, Renoise is very stable, well optimised, user friendly, well thought, and many other superlatives.

Sokoban - Ghisloban - GhisMart

https://soundcloud.com/ghismart

#10 ToybOx

ToybOx

Big Masta Member

• Normal Members
  • 550 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 18:03

its stable and it works

Haha there's so many things wrong with this comment i don't even want to approach it.I think maybe you are a bit slow.

Are you drunk?

This is what annoys me most,no information whatsoever.I hate anything in limbo especially something as beautiful as renoise.Shame to see it stagnate.

Search the forum...

Thanks mate,glad you came *pats head*

#11 LOLFAIL

LOLFAIL

Chief Above Chief Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 18:24

To say things like that is for mentally retarded people. Please think before you say nonsense. I tell you with all due respect. Normally I do not bother answering things like that, but it's that some people get to such a low level that it's disturbing...

I guess you were joking!

Threads like this imo is retarded.

''I use renoise for past 420 years and now i dont get updates regulary, so im switching to ableton loops and selling my license and a dog, because i dont want to make outdated music"

yes it can be improved, but why demand info on a development or some things about that???

fact that it is most powerfull tracker ever since early days, so its a win already "best daw'' and make renoise same as other daws talk is like wtf?

IMO devs owe you nothing, you paid few bucks (maybe) and got the program. furher use of it is on you

this is not the only forum this "im paying customer and i deserve some info, blah blah" topics are going.

Remember good old days when most of its active users was not just whining leeches? pls

#12 oneunkind

oneunkind

Big Daddy Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 420 posts
  • Interests:the next space age

Posted 26 March 2017 - 18:35

hopefully, the pause in development will mean the next version will be well considered?

"...one of those new Big Muffs..."

#13 Raul (ulneiz)

Raul (ulneiz)

• Normal Members
  • 760 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 20:01

@LOLFAIL. It is not bad that any user asks a specific question in the forum concerning the current development of Renoise, or whatever it is...

To that person who looks bad, could well use version 1 or version 2 of Renoise, not the current one. Does it seem that some information seems absurd? Anyone can not have doubts about the development of Renoise? That person who asks is a crybaby? Maybe he's just interested to know what's going on, and that's it.

No need to burden every time someone asks. What problem is there when someone asks? The forums are good for that, to get information, whatever.

Soon there will be another similar topic. People ask, when there is no recent information. That is all. And nothing happens...

#14 LOLFAIL

LOLFAIL

Chief Above Chief Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 20:30

specific question in the forum concerning the current development of Renoise, or whatever it is...

"anybody else pissed off waiting for an update?"  :badteeth:

renoise could go easily to 3.5 remaining same feature set, maybe add some new color themes - yay its an update everyone happy :D

and what do you even do with information given by devs? beta versions are released to all users, its a good roundup of features what will be released.

sorry folks, when i see something stupid, i just add some more wood to a shitfire, peace  :drummer:

#15 OopsIFly

OopsIFly

• Normal Members
  • 788 posts
  • Interests:...daydreams... -VS- ...propaganda...

Posted 26 March 2017 - 20:41

oh, cool. updates.

I like updates.

can we have one? I'd be most elevating for me.

#16 toblerpone

toblerpone

Guruh Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 902 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 20:43

Wait is getting a bit ridiculous at this stage no?

It is now

#17 Redman

Redman

Super Advanced Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts
  • Interests:Big fluffy clouds

Posted 26 March 2017 - 20:49

• LOLFAIL likes this

#18 ToybOx

ToybOx

Big Masta Member

• Normal Members
  • 550 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 21:21

"anybody else pissed off waiting for an update?"  :badteeth:

renoise could go easily to 3.5 remaining same feature set, maybe add some new color themes - yay its an update everyone happy :D

and what do you even do with information given by devs? beta versions are released to all users, its a good roundup of features what will be released.

sorry folks, when i see something stupid, i just add some more wood to a shitfire, peace  :drummer:

Fitting avatar,a sponge.

hopefully, the pause in development will mean the next version will be well considered?

I hope the next one isn't tbh,if they aren't even developing renoise atm and its well over a year since last update how much longer would you like to wait for an update?Another year?I hope its a quick succession of small updates if anything but that's just my preference.

• oneunkind likes this

#19 Roppenzo

Roppenzo

Big Daddy Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 22:10

On topic:

Official Statement here

That's what's going on.

• ToybOx and f+d+k like this
House Music All Night Long. - Say What?

#20 ToybOx

ToybOx

Big Masta Member

• Normal Members
  • 550 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 23:08

On topic:

Official Statement here

That's what's going on.

Fuck sake that threads worse than this one and we have spongeboy no pants here.

#21 Redman

Redman

Super Advanced Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts
  • Interests:Big fluffy clouds

Posted 26 March 2017 - 23:38

Is there a list of requested features to be added, or what are people hoping will be added? I only got into Renoise less than a year ago, so lucky for me I haven't been through the whole waiting for new updates experience yet, been busy learning what's already there. Be great to get more stuff in the future though. Personally I'd like automatable loop points, and an option to follow the players position in the phrase editor cause that the one thing that really fucking annoys me.

#22 Fsus4

Fsus4

Super Advanced Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 01:23

Speaking of learning: When you know every nook and cranny of Renoise 3.1 (and Redux), don't forget to spend some time learning other cool things related to audio production as well. I'm currently having lots of fun with Bitwig 2.0 and I'm also getting more and more interested in DSP theory while reading this fascinating book entitled "Designing Audio Effect Plug-Ins in C++ With Digital Audio Signal Processing Theory" ( https://www.routledg...k/9780240825151 )

EDIT:  Am I the only Renoise/Redux user getting excited in advance about taktik's new secret project? Really looking forward to find out more about it!

:drummer:

Edited by Fsus4, 27 March 2017 - 07:06.

• afta8 likes this

#23 Skyscape

Skyscape

• Normal Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 10:02

Speaking of learning: When you know every nook and cranny of Renoise 3.1 (and Redux), don't forget to spend some time learning other cool things related to audio production as well. I'm currently having lots of fun with Bitwig 2.0 and I'm also getting more and more interested in DSP theory while reading this fascinating book entitled "Designing Audio Effect Plug-Ins in C++ With Digital Audio Signal Processing Theory" ( https://www.routledg...k/9780240825151 )

EDIT:  Am I the only Renoise/Redux user getting excited in advance about taktik's new secret project? Really looking forward to find out more about it!

:drummer:

I'm looking forward to finding out what the secret project is - hopefully something audio related. Also, don't really care about the frequency of updates, people should just chill. I'd still use ft2 if it wasn't such a bitch to set up on modern OS/hardware and it hasn't had an update in 20 years. As long as Renoise isn't dead and we get the odd cool toy to play with and maintenance update it's fine.

#24 Fsus4

Fsus4

Super Advanced Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 13:47

It is audio related, that much has been confirmed. Now, speaking of frequency of updates: it's true that Renoise as a functional product could be said to be "finished", just like a working analog hardware synth is "finished" and just needs some maintainance (i.e. fixing/replacing broken voice chips, etc). As long as Renoise is running compatible with modern computer setups it's probably good for 10+ more years in the current version. And probably taktik will implement high-resolution vector based GUI for 4K and above for the next major Renoise release in the future (as he said himself, such work was already started).  

EDIT:  Comments about potential license options in regard to the source code deleted.

Edited by Fsus4, 27 March 2017 - 17:40.

• DJ TerraByte likes this

#25 ffx

ffx

Guruh Motha Fakka is Levitating and Knows Everything About Renoise Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2818 posts
  • Interests:Renoise Sidechain

Posted 27 March 2017 - 17:55

Disliked!