File Name: Korg ER-1 NRPN Control Template
File Submitter: Denim
File Submitted: 28 Mar 2017
File Category: SongsLicense: CC0, Public Domain
Renoise template for controlling the Korg Electribe ER-1 with doofers. Nice if you prefer to use Renoise instead of the ER-1 directly, to program patterns and shape the sounds.
Made possible using NRPN control messages, aka special combinations of CC-values that target desired parameters on the ER-1.
For example: CC#99: 2/2 + CC#98: 72/72 + CC#6: 0-127 = Pitch of the clap.
How to use:
- Adjust midi device in instr. slot 1 to match the ports (and midi channel) of the ER-1.
- Then go to the group channel DSP, and nudge the hydra-slider "Wake up, doofers" back and forth, to initialize the right sounds on the ER-1.
- Use the doofers in each track to shape sounds and automate parameters
- Sometimes it's necessary to nudge the "Wake up, doofers" slider if things get out of hand.
- For some strange reason, automating more than one parameter at once seems not possible atm (Tested on Renoise 3, Win 7 64-bit, Midiman Uno 1x1).