Track Tempo Changer Effect

Dear Friends,

I don’t know if that exists but if it does it would be really useful.

What I am looking for is this…

I would like to change each track’s tempo (bpm) with a specific code.

For example, In track one, I’d like to change the tempo to 100bpm but in track two, I’d like to change the tempo to 150 bpm for example. So each track’s tempo should play different than the main tempo.

By the way, I am not high right now.

:slight_smile: Best

The suggestion of having different simultaneous track tempos has come up before.

I believe there are assorted technical issues preventing this from any implementation in the near future.

For example, In track one, I’d like to change the tempo to 100bpm but in track two, I’d like to change the tempo to 150 bpm for example. So each track’s tempo should play different than the main tempo.

By the way, I am not high right now.

Haha. OK - not sure that your suggestion would imply that though. In non-linear DAWs like Ableton you would take this stuff for granted.

I usually switch to phrases if I want to experiment with my notes and composition in this manner. Made a tool that makes this transition much easier (link).

Note that even with phrases, you don’t specify a BPM directly, only the LPB. In the case of 100 vs. 150 BPM, that could be translated to e.g. 4/6 or 8/12 LPB, respectively, if the song itself was running at 100 BPM.

Isn’t there a tool that lets you rescale pattern data by certain ratios? Then you can work with relativity…

No need to be Einstein to do that! For the 150bpm passage in 100bpm song, you would scale the passage to 100/150 = 2/3 of the original length.

Isn’t there a tool that lets you rescale pattern data by certain ratios? Then you can work with relativity…

No need to be Einstein to do that! For the 150bpm passage in 100bpm song, you would scale the passage to 100/150 = 2/3 of the original length.

You mean this one?

https://forum.renoise.com/t/new-tool-2-8-3-0-flexible-pattern-resizer/30664

I like this one better for weirder stuff;

https://forum.renoise.com/t/script-idea-done-pattern-divider-juxtaposer/26080