• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 M. Navas

M. Navas

• Normal Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 15:03

I've been using Renoise for a few months now. Recently I began to experiment with the maybe trigger effect. There's one question though that soon came up experimenting: Is it possible to capture the midi data from the maybe trigger effect (and send it to another track)?

Edited by M. Navas, 06 April 2017 - 20:39.

#2 danoise

danoise

Probably More God or Borg Than Human Member

• Renoise Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6117 posts
  • Interests:wildlife + urban trekking

Posted 07 April 2017 - 07:37

Using MIDI routing, you can send the notes to a different instrument in Renoise. And, using audio routing, this instrument can be playing in any track you want. Note that the receiving instrument will not be able to trigger a phrase itself when triggered via MIDI routing. 

Capturing/recording the notes as they are played requires a different approach. Unfortunately, this is a bit more tricky - you'd need to assign the instrument you want to capture to an external MIDI output, and then use something like a virtual MIDI cable to route the notes back into Renoise. You can pick a specific instrument/track as the receiver by heading into the MIDI Input options.  

With virtual MIDI cable, you might have to tweak the latency to find a good setting. Also, pick the best drivers - WDM-based MIDI on Windows, for example... I think there's a lot more information floating around about virtual MIDI cables on these forums, I tend to use loopMIDI myself.

• M. Navas likes this

Tracking with Stuff. API wishlist | Soundcloud

#3 M. Navas

M. Navas

• Normal Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 April 2017 - 08:56

All right. I got it working using the IAC driver in OSX.

Initially, I thought there may also be a way to route midi data inside Renoise that I overlooked. Anyway, thanks for the input!