Controlling a copy of Renoise on one computer with a copy on another o

My midi keyboard is in another room (and attached to another computer) from my main workstation. I’d like to be able to use my midi keyboard to compose remotely on my main workstation. In other words, I’d like to be able to control the copy of renoise on my main workstation with the copy of renoise on the other computer. I’d like it to be so that typing into or doing anything in the other computer’s copy is reflected in the main workstation. Is this possible? I’ve looked into OSC but I haven’t seen a way to use renoise to control the copy of renoise running the OSC server. Both computers are on the same home network.

I would try Teamviewer for that, a remote control software. I’m not sure though if this would work with a midi controller connected, so it forwards those inputs as well. If it works, it would be way less fiddly than syncing multiple Renoise instances.

Thanks for the idea. I tried out Teamviewer and unfortunately I was unable to send midi data across it to Renoise. (I don’t know whether Teamviewer is even capable of transmitting midi data. In any case Renoise was unable to see my midi keyboard attached to the other computer as a midi input device.)

Thanks for the idea. I tried out Teamviewer and unfortunately I was unable to send midi data across it to Renoise. (I don’t know whether Teamviewer is even capable of transmitting midi data. In any case Renoise was unable to see my midi keyboard attached to the other computer as a midi input device.)

Try something like this? Tobias Erichsen does some pretty neat MIDI utilities :slight_smile:

Try something like this? Tobias Erichsen does some pretty neat MIDI utilities :slight_smile:

Yes! This works! With this I can transmit MIDI, and with Teamviewer I can see the screen :slight_smile: The latency is pretty high (probably because of Teamviewer), but there’s probably not much that can be done about that. Thank you!