Signal Follower conflict bug with same instruments in one VST

Greetings! I had such a problem here. I use Signal Follower on the track with a drum kick. I track the signal and send it to the track with the bass. Usual such task, slightly to muffle a bass at the moment of impact by a drum kick. For example, to avoid bothering, I regulate GAIN. So that’s it. When the drum kick plays solo, the signal is tracked correctly. And when you include, for example, the rest of the tools in the same VST (hats snare, etc.), then everything, the signal is not tracked correctly. And Signal Follower hangs exclusively on the track, where only a drum kick is used. Has anyone encountered such an infection and how to defeat it? (It is clear that you can sender a shock in the samples, but … this is another question).

Sorry for maybe my bad english, i’m musician from Russia and in our “community” no one knows about renoise at all :slight_smile:

Here the capturing video of my problem.

I assume this behavior is not related to the signal follower, but with the drum kit you use. Have a look there, is there a mute group activated or something going on in the fx section of the drum kit?

I assume this behavior is not related to the signal follower, but with the drum kit you use. Have a look there, is there a mute group activated or something going on in the fx section of the drum kit?

Tell me please or make some example… wthat’s meant “Mute Group” ? I use NI Kontakt with Steven Slate Drums.

maybe to the end of the video, when the cymbals come in and it is not working anymore…the sound is routed to a different channel somehow? You know, renoise will (unless you config it right) output stuff from plugins to the “last channel where a note was triggered”.

Is the Plugin multichannel, i.e. you can assign a different output channel to each drum hit, then you might want to look into plugin aliasing. Or if it is not multichannel, then renoise won’t be able to split it into seperate channels at all! Then use a 2nd instance of the plugin only for the kick, so you can have its sound in a different channel.

Tell me please or make some example… wthat’s meant “Mute Group” ? I use NI Kontakt with Steven Slate Drums.

I thought you’re using a genoise drum set on instrument #0, ok its kontakt :slight_smile:

Then it’s like OopsIFly wrote, the output of your kontakt instance currently is already mixed together in the plugin! If you now play it on different tracks at the same time, the most right track will be used as output. So you need to split the output to multiple ones and then route to the according tracks.

I understood :slight_smile: Thanks to all. Same problem with trying to using, for example, Wavesfactory - Trackspacer.

trackspacer is a different problem, it uses sidechaining. renoise doesn’t suppert sidechaining other than via its own meta devices.

your problem is because of the mix together of the same instrument happening. if kontakt (I don’t know it) is able to route each drum type to a different output, you might get your kick drum back to its own channel via the audio routing http://tutorials.renoise.com/wiki/Plugin#Plugin_Instrument_Properties

sorry my bad to call it “aliases”, the alias thing is actually for effect plugins you want to send midi notes to.

Even if you can’t get the sounds seperated (you could also use 2 or more drum plugs) you can still sidechain to a kick by using the lp filter of the signal follower to make it react only to bass frequencies.

The essence is understood. It’s easier to add a separate VST Plugin Kontakt and use my bass drum there.

Because in kontakt I did not find such a separation.

I read this note - https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/articles/210306605-How-to-Create-Multiple-Outputs-in-KONTAKT-5-and-Route-Them-to-my-Host-Sequencer

Do it, but it’s not the decision of problem yet … Aaaaargghhh! :frowning:

Darkman, enable multiple outputs in Kontakt (I think it was an extra vst like “Kontakt x16 out.vst” or similar. Also in its settings. Restart Kontakt / DAW / Song. Now route your bd, sn and hi to separate stereo outs each. In Renoise VSTi settings, route those available outputs to the corresponding tracks.

Allright! I do it! Thanks to idea :slight_smile: Now it’s work fine.

Ok. How i can do alternative work of Trackspacer?