Sustain on note off?

Sorry if this is super noobish, but I can’t figure out how to have a note fade out when it hits a note off, rather than suddenly cutting off completely. This can be done with a synth just by setting the release value higher than 0, but I can’t find a way to do this with a sample-based instrument.

The closest thing I could find in the sample and instrument editors is to make the sample itself fade out and set it as a one-shot, but then I can’t control how long the sample plays. I want to be able to loop the sample indefinitely, and then when it hits a note off, it sustains for a bit and fades out before shutting off like when you take your finger off a piano key.

The only thing I’ve found is to fake it by putting a volume automation on the channel, but it would be a pain to do that every time. I also found the Oxx command, but that didn’t seem to do anything no matter what values I set for it. And even if I could get that to work, it would be a pain to have to do that every time I want a note to fade out instead of cutting off abruptly, too. I did some extensive googling but couldn’t find an answer to this.

Assuming that you have a long enough sample (or that you have enabled looping):

1. Assign a modulation set to the sample

2. In the modulation set - insert either an ADSR device, or an envelope device in the volume section.

If you’re using the ADSR device, you’d want to use the release parameter (=fade-out length on note-off).

Assuming that you have a long enough sample (or that you have enabled looping):

1. Assign a modulation set to the sample

2. In the modulation set - insert either an ADSR device, or an envelope device in the volume section.

If you’re using the ADSR device, you’d want to use the release parameter (=fade-out length on note-off).

Thank you!!! I never would have thought to look in modulations for this feature.