Browser trees default to "Closed"

I find myself constantly closing folders that I don’t want to see the content of when I’m using the various preset browsers in Renoise 3.1. I think if the hierarchy of folders just defaulted to ‘closed’, this wouldn’t be an issue at all.

I love the browser system itself, how it works separately for samples, modulation, effects chains, and instruments – organizationally I think it’s awesome, and don’t want it to change,

BUT, when opening for example the instrument preset browser, I don’t want every installed library to default to “open” in the browser hierarchy, because (as one example of annoyance) it makes getting to my “user content” much slower – I have to either scroll down or close a bunch of stuff just to even reach / see my user content area.

It’s like opening the door to your bedroom and discovering it’s a huge mess, every drawer and cabinet and closet open, spilling stuff onto the floor…

Much better to open to a tidy, organized room, and then I can choose which drawer to pull open :slight_smile:

-Michael

Agreed, I also found this to be annoying - particularly in the instrument preset browser.

Perhaps a tiny compromise would be that the default one (which is selected by default anyway) is open.
That way, you still can see 20-something installed libraries - but it’s also (more) clear then that searching only looks for content in that particular library.
Because currently, the text search could lead you into thinking that all the open browsers are searched. While actually, it’s only searching the selected one.