2 replies to this topic

#1 Abissus

Abissus

Big GrandDaddy Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 15:16

Been a stranger in these parts for sometime, lots happening. Anyways, I finally finished another track....

• Dankmeister and Francky like this

┷┯┷┯┷┷┗┯┷┯┷┗┯┷ Ŧh̢ƏRę̡ I̕§ ̛B̢ë̕ΔÜt¥ i̷Й͟ ͘È̷ЯRØŔ̵ ͠ ä₦Ð MɐĢ͟iƆ !Ṇ͢ ӍΔLℲuИ¢Ț̡ï̸Ѻп ┯┷┯┯┷┷┯┷┷┗┷┷┯  

┷┷┗┯┷┯┷┷┗┯┷┯┷┯┷┗┷┯┷┷┷┷┗┯┷┯┯┷┷┯┷┗┷┗vaeprism.com┷┷┗┯┷┯┷┷┗┯┷┯┷┯┷┗┷┯┷┗┷┗┷┯┷┷┗┷┯┷┗┯

#2 Francky

Francky

• Normal Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 19:16

Chill one, I love the tropical-like vibes at the beginning. If you've made this with Renoise, this is pretty inspiring !

• Abissus likes this

#3 Abissus

Abissus

Big GrandDaddy Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts

Posted 27 June 2017 - 14:28

Chill one, I love the tropical-like vibes at the beginning. If you've made this with Renoise, this is pretty inspiring !

Thanks so much.Yes it was made entirely in Renoise. Initially I was inspired by one shot recordings of a Marimba I got from a sample library project called Rubber tracks, which provides musicians free studio time for recording, shares the samples in a series of loops and one shots that are royalty free and also free to use. I made an instrument out of the samples with various hits spread out across the chromatic scale so I could write my own melody and the song grew from there.

The track became a little problematic for various reasons and to complete it, I clocked well over 300 hours. I am however, glad I persisted if not just for completion, more so for how much I have learnt in the process. I also made a few other percussive instruments in Renoise, which I would be happy to share, however I am unsure of the legalities surrounding the sharing of them. If you aren't familiar with Rubber tracks sample library, I highly recommend checking it out: https://www.converse...lelibrary.com/

The xrns file Is also littered with various synths n fx, a large amount of tracks incorporating various musical samples and some foley. Consequently it is approx 250Mb. I also included a lot of water related foley and sounds, Ie: bubbling, drips and some hydrophone samples and even a rain stick and I chose the title to reflect that in some manner. So in this respect it pleases me greatly that you felt tropical vibes from it.

Perhaps a little TL;DR, though I am grateful for your feedback and am more than happy to discuss my process further if interested. Thanks again!

Edited by Abissus, 27 June 2017 - 14:29.

• Francky likes this

┷┯┷┯┷┷┗┯┷┯┷┗┯┷ Ŧh̢ƏRę̡ I̕§ ̛B̢ë̕ΔÜt¥ i̷Й͟ ͘È̷ЯRØŔ̵ ͠ ä₦Ð MɐĢ͟iƆ !Ṇ͢ ӍΔLℲuИ¢Ț̡ï̸Ѻп ┯┷┯┯┷┷┯┷┷┗┷┷┯  

┷┷┗┯┷┯┷┷┗┯┷┯┷┯┷┗┷┯┷┷┷┷┗┯┷┯┯┷┷┯┷┗┷┗vaeprism.com┷┷┗┯┷┯┷┷┗┯┷┯┷┯┷┗┷┯┷┗┷┗┷┯┷┷┗┷┯┷┗┯