Artist Name.

Hello,

Each Musician know what I’m talking about. I would like to know the processus of the choice of your name, and If you think it’s definitive. And If not What do you think about the name changing (If is it a good idea… :rolleyes: )

I see what you mean, it’s a long process that we have to go through. My question is what type of rite of passage do you mean ?

Thank you the answer, this is very deep !

My soundcloud-name reflects my character, the type of music I’d like to create and the thing I love most. Moreover it is a triple-fold-word-play (if you mix German and English).

I see ! your name is original !

Haha, thanks :badteeth:

Would call myself RachmanEnough in soundcloud, but this would be a disgrace to the real one and set the expectations much too high for the audience. :badteethslayer:

Edit : (I didn’t understand your previous post well)

just only me can not understand the meaning of Francky said? :blush: sad…

Excuse me Prestigerl, I’m not English. What do you want that I explain ? (I will try)

If you release 8 albums under 8 different names which all begin with “AAA” then you will have a chance to be at the top of an alphabetically listed playlist.

Otherwise, you could change a name thats already stuck in peoples minds a bit. Like, for example:

Duracell > Puracell

Samsung > Bamsung

MonoSodiumGlutomate > PhonoSodiaan

I have already heard about this when working in an enterprise which has choose “ABCONSOLE” as first name … :rolleyes:

And I have seen to a musician named Com Truise too… :rolleyes:

Yeah Com Truise is actually quite decent (name and musician).

Prestigerl is quite obvious a wordplay : A female artist, that is after fame. :panic:

if you’re off the mainstream, you can choose a name somehow connected to the aesthetics or theme of your sounds or the philosophies of the scene.

and try to use one you can make a fancy logo with.

Hello,

the name’s question is such a difficult one…

Because it take nine month to find a name for a new born. So if you searching for an artist name it could be harder.

But is this the name really important ?

The most important thing after, isn’t who you really are ?

Does a name is simply just a word to describe you or to recognize you ?

Before all, you have to keep in mind that it isn’t the name which describe the artist. But this is the artist who give a signification to it.

This is not the name that will do all the job for him. Forget this, only at his death, when he will be dead and buried that his name, will give him back all he has put into it in being written on his tombstone.

If you have a wonderful name, that’s great… but if you’re still making trash music… you can give up, it’s useless. If you have a totally ordinary name, but except this you are a marvelous artist and all the music you’ve done is art, inventive, touch the soul and release the minds. Your name will be remembered for the decades and decades.

Cherche pas ton blase dans un dico

Associant des mots auxquels tu n’y connais rien à rien
Ca ne mène à rien
Le nom ne fait pas le flow
Mais le flow fait que ton nom té-co

Don’t search your name in a dictionnary

With word that you don’t understand

it lead nowhere

the name don’t make the hype

but the hype make the name.

- Saian Supa Crew.

This is not the name who make the artist, but this is the artist who make his name.

A word or a name is just a concept. It could be empty as it could be full of connotations. It is up to you to give its a definition! Invent it, create your story, but without words… with your arts, your values, your mind and your heart !

And if after all you’re lazy you could take a name who have already a strong connotation and history and play a role like Rick Ross who take the name of Ricky Donnell Ross, born the 26 January 1960, also known under the name of « Freeway » Ricky Ross, who is an american drug dealer, known for « the drug empire » he etablished in Los Angeles in the beginning of 1980. He was sentenced to life in prison, though the sentence was shortened on appeal and Ross was released in 2009…

It is up to you.

I think that you’d helped me a lot. After everything that was said here I still don’t find the perfect name. But I will think about everything that was said in this topic, and that maybe I will find my Artist Name during my reflection.

Thank you very much.

~ The Artist with No name.

And if you have no idea, you can also use some random name generators like these ones:

https://fun.namerobot.com/name/dj

http://www.bestlittlebaby.com/name-generators/artist-name-generator.html

http://chillwitchnamemagic.com/

http://www.fantasynamegenerators.com/musician-names.php

If you have a wonderful name, that’s great… but if you’re still making trash music… you can give up, it’s useless. If you have a totally ordinary name, but except this you are a marvelous artist and all the music you’ve done is art, inventive, touch the soul and release the minds. Your name will be remembered for the decades and decades.

this is the realest thing I’ve ever read

hope u find ur name, sport-o

I feel the name reflects the importance you place on it. For example, it can be as simple as a persons real name or it could go further into the philosophy of ones sound. Quite often I think a name can also give some kind of indication of what an artists music could sound like before listening too. It can be a simple name and process or a deep journey to uncover the moniker one feels best reflects the music. the choice is yours imo.

In reference to me personally and my name ‘Vaeprism,’ I will do my best to explain something that has lived in my head for quite sometime. A few years ago, I began to entertain the idea of Music (and all things creative for that matter) as a vast and endless substance, much like a sea, fluid, yet not liquid. No form as such, yet existing as a vaporous ocean in a realm outside our own. I was and am very much interested in tapping into that creative process that feels almost automatic, like one is just a vessel and considered in an abstract way trying to channel this idea of creativity as a thing. In terms of my name, it is a combination of the vaporous (substance I referred to earlier) and a prism. I saw the prism as a symbolic means of refracting that creativity to form much like one refracts light. The end result is also a slight aesthetic change of spelling on my part, yet the idea remains the same.