Fastest way to delete note+vol+pan+delay+fx?

I’m having a really hard time editing things I’ve already written. Let’s say for example I have this little block of notes 7491 q3.png ,

and I’d like to delete the first entry on line 2. That is, I’d like it to look like this when I’m done. 7492 q4.png

How do I do this quickly using only the keyboard? I’ve tried navigating to the note and then using the delete key (which only deletes the note OR the volume OR the pan OR the delay OR the fx, whichever the edit icon is over), using backspace+insert (which deletes the whole line), and using shift+right > cut (which also deletes the whole line). The fastest thing I’ve found is click on the note with the mouse (which selects the note+vol+pan+delay+fx) and then hit ctrl+x to cut it, but this is pretty inefficient. Any ideas?

I finally figured this out after literally months of dealing with it. It figures that I would find the solution right after I post a thread asking for help! There’s not a default hotkey for this, but you can set a hotkey for it under pattern editor > insert/delete > clear whole note or effect.

Select it and cut it with alt + F3. It’s good to print the keybindings and study what can be assigned to shortcut key presses.

It figures that I would find the solution right after I post a thread asking for help!

I don’t know what this phenomenon is called, but it’s definitely a real thing :slight_smile:

I don’t know what this phenomenon is called, but it’s definitely a real thing :slight_smile:

Yes. The surest way of figuring out something is to hit “Send” on a request for help.

If that doesn’t work, and you don’t get an answer to your question, take the next step:

https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Cunningham%27s_Law

Cunningham’s Law states “the best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it’s to post the wrong answer.”

Without changing anything from a clean installation of Renoise 3.1.1.

Select the line inside the note column (left click mouse, select all this line), and delete with: “SHIFT + DEL”. With “DEL” only delete the note/instrument.Previous selection is required to eliminate the entire line inside the note column.

There’s not a default hotkey for this, but you can set a hotkey for it under pattern editor > insert/delete > clear whole note or effect.

Whoa, I definitely didn’t know about that one – that’s quite useful, thanks for posting your discovery!

To further help you out with moving around, use F9-F12 keys to quickly navigate to x/4 position (where x is F9=1, F10=2…), and use page up/down to move by 16. Also, if you have a mouse with a second scroll wheel, use it to move horizontally really quickly! :slight_smile:

If anyone has more nice hotkeys that speed up the workload, let me and OP know!