Two ?'s: Shortcut for velocity toggle? Selecting multiple notes ou

Sorry, the topic title got cut off. The title was meant to be “Two ?'s: Shortcut for velocity toggle? Selecting multiple notes out of sequence?”

First question : Is it possible to assign a hotkey to toggle this bad boy right here?

7514 q1.jpg

I’ve searched around in the key assignment editor but haven’t found anything. If not, fortunately I can probably whip up an autohotkey script to do it (mouse move and click on the appropriate pixel).

Second question : Is it possible to select and/or move multiple notes that aren’t directly one after each other? For example, perhaps I’d like to select the D4, F4, A4, and C5 in this pattern,

7515 q2.jpg

maybe to do something like drag them over to Track 2:

7516 q3.jpg

What’s the fastest way to do this? Right now I am just clicking on the notes and dragging them over one at a time, and that feels horribly inefficient.

1. That seems to be missing.

2. There’s no quick way of doing this. At least not natively.

The second question kind reminds me of “multiple editing cursors” in text editors:

But it’s a very specific use case you bring up. You wanted every fourth note, but what if you needed every second one - how to control this?

In any case, before opening what could easily become a “can of worms”, perhaps it would be cool to consider something simpler:

We have the ability to push things down, so why not sideways? Then you’d be able to step through (editstep), and push the lines you’d want.

This might not be as fancy but could still save a lot of editing effort…

For question 1, might be missing as default, but could you not quickly add a custom key binding to toggle the keyboard velocity on/off? Something like:

renoise.tool():add_keybinding {
  name = "Global:Song Control:Toggle Keyboard Velocity",
  invoke = function()
    renoise.song().transport.keyboard_velocity_enabled = not(renoise.song().transport.keyboard_velocity_enabled)
  end
}

The second question kind reminds me of “multiple editing cursors” in text editors:

TLZpd.gif

But it’s a very specific use case you bring up. You wanted every fourth note, but what if you needed every second one - how to control this?

In any case, before opening what could easily become a “can of worms”, perhaps it would be cool to consider something simpler:

We have the ability to push things down, so why not sideways? Then you’d be able to step through (editstep), and push the lines you’d want.

This might not be as fancy but could still save a lot of editing effort…

I like the simpler idea: Push Left and Push Right commands (that can be bound to keyboard hotkeys) would be super useful. I would definitely use this for individual and continuous selections, columns within patterns, and columns within the song.

For question 1, might be missing as default, but could you not quickly add a custom key binding to toggle the keyboard velocity on/off? Something like:

renoise.tool():add_keybinding {
name = "Global:Song Control:Toggle Keyboard Velocity",
invoke = function()
renoise.song().transport.keyboard_velocity_enabled = not(renoise.song().transport.keyboard_velocity_enabled)
end
}

I’ve never tried to script anything in Renoise but I’ll try this and report back here how it goes!