2 years without update ?

Hello All,

Always the same question: Any update planned soon ?

Ben.

Everyone is now going to comment with:

Don’t wait for updates, just enjoy Renoise as it is and make music

• cat pictures *

It’s summer! A cat sunbathing would be fine, but I will not put it…

2 years without update ?

20eb2359ccd588949e1e53580e3d6a0513e45239

The about page in Renoise 3.1.0 says it was compiled 9 January 2016.

That’s just 1.5 years!

Hello All,

Development process is always full of traps and it’s always annoying to announce date of release, especially for a side project like Renoise.

But there’s a gap for customers between saying: “I’m working on that or that and maybe I will release it at the end of 2017”; and saying: mmm’, nothing…

Please Taktik, for keeping Renoise alive in our mind, communicate a little with us.

this-may-be-this-cutest-saddest-cat-ever

( Maybe the cat trick will work :mellow:)

Ben.

Development process is always full of traps and it’s always annoying to announce date of release, especially for a side project like Renoise.

But there’s a gap for customers between saying: “I’m working on that or that and maybe I will release it at the end of 2017”; and saying: mmm’, nothing…

Please Taktik, for keeping Renoise alive in our mind, communicate a little with us.

He already did communicate a little with us, see for example this post:
https://forum.renoise.com/t/whats-next-for-renoise/46714

That’s just 1.5 years!

OK. Bump in six months, let’s see how we’re doing by then.

:smashed: :w00t:

Is that an announcement, sort of? :wink:

A quick Look at the bitwigs modulations. Inspiration for the Next Update. And Importent: visual analyser in eqs to See what you did

And Importent: visual analyser in eqs to See what you did

Or use your ears?

renoise is first piece of software, that is done 100%

no need for updates, its perfect as it is :slight_smile:

renoise is first piece of software, that is done 100%

no need for updates, its perfect as it is :slight_smile:

… seriously ? you’re joking ?

I had a Tracker! I had a Renoise Tracker! And he was perfect! Perfect in every way!

I started with sound forge and vegas i used to pitch samples in sound forge and arrange them in sony vegas because i didnt know about midi and samplers and vsts. i then moved to cubase but it didn’t get much better i was using the wavetable synth that comes with the sound card and making very simple uneducated music.

I then discovered Fruity loops 2.4 or less which a the time was very basic i stuck with FL untill it started to flesh out i could never get around the way it organises patterns instead of the traditional method. I lost all my work due to a Hard drive failure 4 thousand + songs I then went into Ableton Live for some time.

One day i said right I’m goingto use re-noise, as id never fully explored it, untili can make a song in it. After the initialhead scratchingand confusion itdawned on me it started to saturate my mind and envelope my subconsciousafter some time it became my friend, my guardian and my “safe space”. When I use Renoise I feel directly connected to the music to that place is manifests and imprints on me when i least expect it.

There are so many DAWS out there If you feel limited by Renoise then get Redux and use your tradition DAW of choice. Ive been totaly happy with renoise since 2.8 which was spot on it worked a treat i do love 3.1 though the ui changes are great id love a built in syth but i have many VST to choose from so its not the end of the world. I use Renoise and one VST synth Dune 2. I used to have so many it got silly now i limit my tools i can always use the sampler and external hardware.

Renoise enabled me to get through a very dark period in my life i think if not for music i would not be hear both listening and creating it have kept me from loosing my mind and brought me out of the void (something i can never reallyput into words but is in every track i made in renoise).

I know people always want more and more but for me renoise is as close to perfection not because it has all the latest features that every other DAW has or a fuckingpiano roll (which i never want to see in renoise) but for the interaction it gives you with the music, something i cant put my finger on exactlybut its there and it lets me feel.

Aanyway rant over - make music with the tools you have if your tools limit you then get better tools but at what point can you keep blaming your tools for lack of ability?

humm seems to be sterile discussion… I’m not blaming Renoise of lacking abilities, it’s a fabulous tool! but I want it to try to evolve more and more!

I just want this bugfix to be released tbh

I haven’t updated my MPC1000 jjos2xl since July 2015 :smiley: Still worksflawlessly, haven’t had any crash in years… as with Renoise too :smiley:

Let’s not get caught in that “waiting for the game-changing update” cycle.

I still see people using OctaMED today… or vintage hardware samplers… and they all are used for what they are and what they give sonically or workflow-wise

Buy an iPad and grab Beatmaker 3, its swish !!