OopsIFly

Guruh Motha Fakka is Levitating and Knows Everything About Renoise Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1107 posts
  • Interests:Lavalampen stundenlang anglotzen

Posted 18 January 2018 - 14:32

Ok, then I start to argue, too, as it seems to be a desirable thing in here:

kinda suggested that everyone has inflated egos and is insane (which may be quite true)

This interpretation is actually very funny for me, personally, to have my half-baked half-joking writings seen this way... I mean, you don't know how insane I actually am for real, and how I sometimes view humans in general, including myself. It would be a very funny thing to happen if I claimed someone would be especially insane of any kind. I just first thought you might be impeding each other in the pursue of trying to create something decent, which would be a shame given the quality of certain information scattered in this thread.

But I must say, as I gave out some word here which I probably should have delayed... Before I have had only now and then looked into snippets of the ongoing discussions, which might not have been enough to get a picture, I seemed to have missed the relevant parts while doing so. I have now skimmed the first pages and they brought up much better ideas on the potential nature of this discussion. It seems to be nothing where my commentaries would have been of any use, so I have to apologise for having prematurely wasted your time. Mine certainly wasn't, I think it might have subtly enhanced my inner picture of the concept of display behaviour, and might want to read even more of this thread to enhance it even more. Please don't take that personal, it is a very fascinating topic and very helpful to understand to get along among the higher life forms of this planet at least...and I generally like to freely speak what I am believing to think, not wanting to hurt anyones feelings.

The initial topic is very interesting btw, to have simple chords control variations of complex sequenced music in predefined patterns. I'm thinking about people in the industry under enormous pressure that is essential to their lifes, to deliver music as a good in time meeting harsh deadlines, so they cannot afford the time to make something inspired with quality, and could just buy some preset and sell the result for more than the preset had cost. It could be a nice source of income for people capable of making good presets for the thing. Also you could make a mode that would transform any arbitrary pressed keys to something harmonic sounding defined by the style's usual clichee sound, and lots of kids would buy it from their pocket money to have some fun without having to struggle first. But I think I cannot know the reason yet, why of all things you want renoise involved in such ideas. To say it short, it partially also is kind of...scene born, and "scene" people might be very opinionated toward having to fear their little baby tool being transformed into subject of commercial cannibalisation until the initial spirit has become nothing but ashes hidden behind marketing. That's maybe one parameter of the circumstances that seem to push everyone's urge to argue to very high levels.

I now see that argueing leads somewhere indeed, but I'm not sure whether I should like it or just nod and move along. Probably the latter, have a nice day.

#402 afta8

afta8

Big Super GrandMasta Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 731 posts

Posted 18 January 2018 - 18:03

If you have an idea and wish to debate it in an open forum, then you should expect your idea to be criticised, developed, and to branch off in different directions.

This is a good thing.

Attack ideas, not people.

• Djeroek and radian like this

#403 Renoised

Renoised

Big GrandDaddy Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 18 January 2018 - 20:24

"If you have an idea and wish to debate it in an open forum, then you should expect your idea to be criticised, developed, and to branch off in different directions."
There's a difference between criticism and blatant trolling.

- Constantly acting dumb about benefits of the system, is trolling, not constructive input.
- Suggesting people must be trolls for listening to certain music, is trolling, not constructive input.
- Calling people "White Supremacists" and ranting like a madman is abusive and defamatory, not constructive input.
- Acting like some unhinged schizo, hurling insults and abuse in another thread on here, was certainly not constructive input.

"This is a good thing."

It is when it's posted with "good" intention.

"Attack ideas, not people."
Try telling that to Wangboi.

So anyway, anyone know who this guy really is, this Wang character?  I'd love to know who it is, cause whoever it is, he picked the wrong guy to play his schizo games with.  I'd like to see this wise-ass brought to justice for the harassment and defamatory comments he made about me.  Trolling is one thing, but the persistence, determination, words and manner used by this guy was something else.  The defamatory bullshit posted in that other guy's thread was proper schizoid stuff, and I'm not prepared to let someone like that fuck around with me and get away with it.

I'm the nicest guy on earth until you play games with me, so I guess we'll see how wise this wise-ass is when he's put before a court and jury with the evidence I have against him.  He doesn't stand a fucking chance, so he'd better pray I don't find out who he really is.

#404 lettuce

lettuce

Big GrandDaddy Member

• Normal Members
  • 451 posts

Posted 18 January 2018 - 21:54

Wang means "king". Justice emanates from the king. The king of the universe.

"BWA HAH HA HA!!!"

Universe-voids-strands-Millenium-simulat

Edited by lettuce, 18 January 2018 - 21:54.

#405 Renoised

Renoised

Big GrandDaddy Member

• Normal Members
  • 492 posts

Posted 18 January 2018 - 22:10

Would you like to tell me who you are, or would you prefer I contact Garrett Wang or his manager (assuming he has one)?
Feel free to use the messaging system on here if you wish.

I'm starting to think you might actually be the real guy, and if you are, I'm sure you have problems ahead.
If you're imitating him, then I'm guessing you have even more problems ahead when he finds out ;)

• radian likes this

#406 Renoised

Renoised

Big GrandDaddy Member

• Normal Members
  • 492 posts

Posted 18 January 2018 - 22:41

Hey peeps, would you look at what I just found:
https://www.trekbbs....-rumors.284533/

Seems Garrett Wang (the real one), is the last person you want to fuck around with, cause it sounds to me like he doesn't take shit from anyone, fan or not.
After reading that, I dread to think what he'd do about you and your schizo games!

BWA HAH HA HA!!!

Edited by Renoised, 18 January 2018 - 22:46.

#407 radian

radian

Chief Above Chief Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 18 January 2018 - 23:36

@Renoised you do know this forum has an ignore feature right?

#408 Renoised

Renoised

Big GrandDaddy Member

• Normal Members
  • 492 posts

Posted 19 January 2018 - 00:17

I didn't know, but I wouldn't use it anyway cause I'd be unaware of the verbal posted towards me if I had done.
When people start getting verbal towards me, I want to know about it.

#409 lettuce

lettuce

Big GrandDaddy Member

• Normal Members
  • 451 posts

Posted 19 January 2018 - 05:14

Sure. Send a letter

#410 Renoised

Renoised

Big GrandDaddy Member

• Normal Members
  • 492 posts

Posted 19 January 2018 - 11:10

Sure, post a 'tweet' on the official Garrett Wang twitter feed to prove you're the real guy, and I'll have my solicitor onto you before you can eat your lettuce.
The tweet needs to come from @GarrettRWang in order to convince me.

#411 joule

joule

• Normal Members
  • 1638 posts
  • Interests:music, philosophy, engineering

Posted 19 January 2018 - 11:22

Is this some sort of new forum jargon that I don't yet understand, or are you seriously retarded enough to believe that lettuce might be Garret Wang? Or that it even matters if he used his picture?

Noone cares but you.

not-sure-if-troll.png

PS. I would have chosen Michael Dorn in full costume.

Edited by joule, 19 January 2018 - 11:42.

#412 Renoised

Renoised

Big GrandDaddy Member

• Normal Members
  • 492 posts

Posted 19 January 2018 - 11:46

Are you suffering chronic blindness as well as chronic egotism?

The reason for the comment above is that I don't believe he's the real guy, and no one but the real guy can post on the official guy's feed, so it's the best way to call him out. Was that clear enough for you to understand, or is that hat so tight that it restricts sufficient flow of blood to the brain?

Perhaps you missed those posts where I pointed out why I don't believe he's real guy.  And sure, I'm the only one who cares, that's perfectly understandable considering I'm the guy he was harassing and posting defamatory comments about in public.  Unless you have something to say that renders you looking even half-way intelligent to me, I think it's best you stop talking.

#413 joule

joule

• Normal Members
  • 1638 posts
  • Interests:music, philosophy, engineering

Posted 19 January 2018 - 11:53

It's 100% clear to everyone but you that he isn't Garret Wang. The absurdity even makes it impicit that he doesn't claim to be.

Why would you even question this, unless you are autistic?

#414 Renoised

Renoised

Big GrandDaddy Member

• Normal Members
  • 492 posts

Posted 19 January 2018 - 12:01

:lol:

#415 dblue

dblue

Dodgy Geezer

• Admins
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5721 posts
  • Interests:Code. Music. Graphics.

Posted 19 January 2018 - 12:06

I'm sure this will come as no surprise to anyone, but...

Thread locked.

To anyone who has issues with another forum member, I politely ask you to deal with such issues — and hopefully resolve them amicably — in private from now on.
  • Djeroek, afta8, woltexinger and 4 others like this