Using OP-1 to Control Renoise

Hi, I have a question specifically about using OP-1 by Teenage Engineering as a MIDI controller for Renoise:

I’m looking for some general advice making OP-1 + Renoise a happy marriage. In particular, how do you map OP-1’s ‘functional’ keys (other keys than notes) to various buttons and things in Renoise? I’m experiencing this annoying issue where OP-1 would send values 127 and 0 for the same CC, when pressing/releasing the key on OP-1, which leads to momentary actions in Renoise. For example, assigning OP-1 REC button to Renoise REC button, will only momentarily put Renoise in Edit Mode, for as long as you hold down OP-1’s REC key. -How do you make it stay toggled on/off? The same issue goes for any other non-note keys on OP-1 … Appreciate some feedback that can help me alleviate this problem.

For example, assigning OP-1 REC button to Renoise REC button, will only momentarily put Renoise in Edit Mode, for as long as you hold down OP-1’s REC key. -How do you make it stay toggled on/off?

Sounds like the edit button got mapped to Edit Mode [Set] instead of Edit Mode [Toggle].

When using the MIDI mapping dialog (CMD/CTRL+M) It really should pick the right one automatically, but for if - for some reason - it didn’t, you can always pick the mapping manually by showing the list of available mappings and choosing it from that list.

Also good to know about since that list contains a lot more mappings than what can be mapped via the visually highlighted buttons/controls.