"ghost" tracks? (tracks that are muted but still doing their t

Hi!

Just a quick question! Been using the signal follower alot for sidechain-sort-of duties. Using a click or a short sample as the trigger for the signal follower to react its a lot easier than to use the “original” track. If you dont understand i will explain it with a school example:

i want the bass to “duck” whenever the kick hits

the kicks release is a bit too long so i’ll rather use a short click as the trigger

i dont want this “click track” to make any sound, just trigger the signal follower

i can mute the click track and its doing what i wantit todo, but when producing a song i tend to listen to alot of tracks solo and whenever i do this the “mute” goes away and after a while it gets very complicated to keep muting this click tracks!

So, i want to be able to have a few “click tracks” that trigger different signal followers but keep them “muted”/silent ALL THE TIME

Is this possible? Is there a tool for this?

Thanks for the answers!!

I think you can simply place a gainer to mute the output after your signal follower. The click will trigger your signal follower then the gainer will mute the track output.

That showswhy i’m not a rocket scientist!!! :slight_smile: Of course!!

someone on the forum here taught me to use a mute #send device without gain, instead of the inf db gainer, because then you will keep the active scopes and mixer bars reacting.

someone on the forum here taught me to use a mute #send device without gain, instead of the inf db gainer, because then you will keep the active scopes and mixer bars reacting.

Not naming any names though :wink:

I didn’t even realize it would be useful at the time, what do you use it for?

On topic: It would be very nice to have a hard/post track mute. It would be especially nice if it could be done by the pattern matrix, but being able to modulate the post mixer would be good too. I’m still waiting for a response on why we can’t do that :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh yes, sorry @Skolskoly, I usually forget names pretty soon. Didn’t mean to claim ideas without respect of inventor. But I remembered you also brought me onto the idea of stacking highpass filters like mad to use the group delay, resulting in my hipass-ass doofer. I think you rendered it as track fx several times, well my machine is fast enough for stacking them realtime. It sits in several locations in some projects of mine, even on the master bus, detaches the bass from its harmonics in a cool way and makes the whole mix seem larger and spacier. fthsanks you some lot!

Haha, no worries OopsIFly, I just read your post and thought “hm, that’s sounds familiar. Oh that was me!” I forgot too, so I was just joking around. Funny you mention the highpass thing, I was just about to start working on something related. I’ll make sure I post it when it’s done.