1. Melancholie der Engelhttp://m.imdb.com/title/tt1420558
Not for everyone and very grim and ethereal and obsessed with death and decay, possibly bad for any sort of depression, but the background OST is very nice and the visuals while jarring and the story really weird, it has a sort of serenity and beauty to it. I rate it personally 9 stars for the entertainment value I got out of it, and I read literature. It's not for everybody as I said and it's borderline insane.
2. Possession of Michael Kinghttp://m.imdb.com/title/tt2282016/
Possibly the best rendition of a demonic possession in terms of what a real life one would look like and what depression and grief makes someone decide which path to take. Grim and gritty and again not really for everyone. Don't be fooled with its lower budget, think of it like you got your friends camera and you are shocked to see what he went through. It will stay with you for a while.
3. Mylene Farmer music videos. She is the best selling diva from France but go for her earlier works from the 80s to late 90s, very dark and moody stuff and long movie style videos. I was in love with her for a long time as a fan and still am though have reconciled with those teenage feelings by now (phew.. is she hot!!). I was in crazy crush with her vocals and music in my school days and her trippy songs still get me to this day.
4. Hector Zazou's collaboration with Katie Jane Garside, Corps Electrified. Very sensual, very bluesy and very electronic and textured. Amazing compositions that blow your mind. Good for a mood boost.
5. Pilgrimage -9 songs of Ecstasy, a downtempo and spiritual masterpiece of a project with a lineup that reads like a genius census. Still my all time favourite album featuring soprano star Catherine Bott and DJ Spooky, Philip Glass, Ray Manzarena and other world class musicians. The music and text are taken from Hildegard Von Bingen's writings, she is a 10th century polymath and mystic and a professional nun. She has aristocratic roots and lived in ancient Germany. If I saw a woman like that with such level of talent and giftedness I would fall in love immediately. This CD is released by Hyperion Classics and falls under classical for some reason, even though it sounds more like a Trip Hop album. The title track Pilgrimage has some really kick ass swing that is so cool for a spiritual track, and the pianos and guitar solos are lilting and they lift you above the clouds. Eric Calvi and Simon Cloquet are the main producers but I am unable to find any information on them. A mystery to me. This album effectively increased my musicianship and I can play all the songs on this album since I have been listening to it since 1999 via AudioGalaxy way back when Google was not even invented and I used to visit cracking forums and spend time reverse engineering Windows PE files coming back from school. Those good old days! Found the whole album on YouTube:https://m.youtube.co...h?v=7DG7dSUsdDQ
Hildegard Von Bingen's music is very soothing vocal chanting and you will find it calming:https://m.youtube.co...h?v=jGfLUXtARjM
6. Le Tableau. http://m.imdb.com/title/tt1891769
Very good French psychedelic animated movie, good story as well quite reminiscent of the matrix but done in a rather fairytale style.
7. Depression cure- it's a process that is natural but you still require persistence.
Take bath and care of your hygeine, colder countries have a reputation of not doing this daily (notably France) and good old Eurofunk joke among Americans, for obvious reasons but a bath every other day is really good for your mood. This also involves clearing out your bowel. If you have bowel issues eat lot of fiber- cabbage is my all time favourite and so it is in Germany as well.
Please do not drink coke and soft sugar drinks or even alcohol. These things only cloud your mind and provide a short term release of endorphins, they don't contribute to your health in any other way. Eat a simple vegetarian diet and reduce meat eating to very minute levels.
Brush your teeth and floss. Take a tablet of Albendazole, which you can get over the counter (take one tablet and chew it, repeat every one month or as needed, stop for atleast 4 months after that) which is a worm killer that will clear out your intestines and keep your guts healthy. Depression can be caused by a lot of factors, just make sure these are not the ones. Process of elimination.
Talk to your close friends and family not only about the problem at hand, but rather just for daily conversation like casual things. If you have ever faced depression to a higher degree you will feel that you have absolutely no interest in anything, even talking to your best friends and even music will feel like a chore. But if you take things in small chunk and help your body heal, the mind will follow.
Wake up early in the morning, even if you don't feel like it initially, sleep early and wake up early. It does wonders for the body and mind. Sleep in the dark btw and let your mind rest. If it's insomnia, heavy exercise and a very comfortable and calm sleeping environment is all you need.
Sometimes sex can give you that boost you need to carry on to the next phase, so if you have women in your life then use them or get one and practice safe sex. It's a proven way to better health.
Read the Bible and pray, visit church if it's on your way of things.
Lastly a very bad suggestion- play the Ouija board and let demons enter your life, just kidding. Make sure you never play anything occult out of loneliness or depression, it can potentially destroy your God gifted life. These things exist and I have personal experience with them, they are not your garden variety creatures, they will stick with you and can be very tricky to get rid of.
Sunlight is a very important factor and is the source of all life on earth. Please go out and get your daily dose of morning sunlight. It will make your bones stronger and mood better and mind sharper. Your days will fill with solar powered energy. End of the day we are all solar powered machines. Get your fill today, before stocks finish!!
Edited by encryptedmind, 26 August 2017 - 22:23.