33 replies to this topic

#26 sokoban

sokoban

Super Advanced Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 06 September 2017 - 17:00

SAVAGE RELIGIONS (Le Dernier Cri collective - French/acid/animation/underground)

Thirty artists from eleven countries have created a visual trip to hell that was inspired by the devotion pictures of the La Major cathedral in Marseille. This absurd mix of stiles is close to the Art Brut. The ugly, blasphemous and obscene work stresses out the often anarchic side of the animation film and is easily incorporated into the complete works of the artists collective Le Dernier Cri, which was founded in 1993 in Marseille.

• random likes this

Sokoban - Ghisloban - GhisMart

https://soundcloud.com/ghismart

#27 sokoban

sokoban

Super Advanced Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 07 September 2017 - 12:57

Another good one I'm thinking about is that french weird animation sci-fi movie from 1973 by René Laloux, with psyche musics and all sort of feelings, but very poetic...

TITLE : La Planète Sauvage / Fantastic Planet

You can find it in several languages, there is even a 3D version that have been made more recently, and there exists other animations movies by René Laloux if you like it...

Here is the official trailer of 1973:

• Conner_Bw and encryptedmind like this

Sokoban - Ghisloban - GhisMart

https://soundcloud.com/ghismart

#28 random

random

• Normal Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
  • Interests:Babylon by Bass

Posted 10 October 2017 - 23:43

Andrzej Zulawskis movies are nice and strange

Possesion

on the Silver Globe

Edited by random, 10 October 2017 - 23:43.

#29 random

random

• Normal Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 00:00

Hiroshi Teshigahara' - Suna no onna - Woman in Dunes (great Sounddesign, one of my fav. movies)

Letters From A Dead Man

Edited by random, 11 October 2017 - 00:15.

#30 random

random

• Normal Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 00:31

Pi (Ken Ishii Soundtrack )

David Cronnenbergs old movies are great too

Edited by random, 11 October 2017 - 00:33.

• sokoban likes this

#31 Renoised

Renoised

Super Advanced Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 04 November 2017 - 23:18

I'm dying to see some of the movies posted in this thread, but can't right now due to bandwidth limitations, damn shitty broadband deals!

Anyway, been wanting to post this one for some time now, it's not exactly sci-fi, but it's absolutely one of the best films I've ever seen.

It's about a very shy, introverted man who's mother has died leaving him the house, and leaving him to his own devices.  People just think he's weird, but this tram enthusiast has a great mind.  He's a gifted inventor with all sorts of weird inventions in his house, but his greatest inventions don't come to mind until he takes in a lodger (or two) in order to pay the bills :D 

MALCOLM - (Australia 1986):

• random likes this

#32 random

random

• Normal Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 22:45

saw yesterday malcom and like it, remeber me a little to bad boy bubby or the young poisoners handbook

himiku

old strange movie from japan with butoh dancer tatsumi hijikata and his group

butoh

Edited by random, 07 November 2017 - 22:46.

#33 random

random

• Normal Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 23:08

texhnolyze

the darkest movie, anime series i ever seen, great story and atmosphere about a dying world

Edited by random, 07 November 2017 - 23:12.

#34 Renoised

Renoised

Super Advanced Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 13:11

Yup, Malcolm's a cool film!

I've seen Vidoedrome, but I'll definitely be checking-out Texhnolyze and the others you posted.

I notice your avatar is from Watership Down, and am curious, have you seen that other animation they did in the same style called "The Plague Dogs"?
If you like Watership Down I'd say there's a very strong chance you'll like The Plague Dogs as well.

Personally I think I prefer The Plague Dogs (although it's a close one).  The atmosphere in it really works, feels very dark, like they really gave it the feel they intended to.  It's about two dogs who escape from being kept in an experimentation facility deep in the rolling countryside of England.  As well as the abuse they are left with due to the experiments, they have to deal with what life throws at them when living wild.  It's basically a sad and depressing story that really works because of the art style and atmosphere it has.  You really feel for the characters even though it's an animation - it even has the power to piss you off due to what goes on.

Can't find an upload of it, but here's the opening scene to give you an idea (obviously the DVD isn't shaky like that and the audio is far better).

The Plague Dogs - (England 1982):

Edited by Renoised, 18 November 2017 - 13:22.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sci-fi music, sci-fi, renoise, :)