50 replies to this topic

#51 Raul (ulneiz)

Raul (ulneiz)

Guruh Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 936 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:01

I wrote the proposals for No Starch Press, and I already have one book with them on the works. I would love to have it done with them as they are really good with geeky books and their presentation and content editing. I am expecting to get a response by Wednesday. Lets see. In any case there are a multitude of options so no worries.

I have also contacted some course sites for their interest in this topic. Let's see how the initial response is. I will see it through one way or the other.

Side by side, doing Lua slowly but surely, also am working on VST code for some earlier stuff that I was preparing and some consulting work in between.. but it's all in a day's work and I am a persistent guy. :)

Sounds good! The interesting thing is that the project does not remain stagnant, as it does with other ideas. Undoubtedly, the best way is to be persistent and open. Although the book is in English, it would be very nice to be in digital format to download. Possibly it can be translated into other languages.

@frenetic_friend. I had an idea to talk to you about, but he preferred to say nothing. I think it is possible to make the pianoroll detect the selected note in the pattern editor, so that it centers the octave to which it belongs in the pianoroll. I think a good idea would be to add a checkbox to enable this feature. The piano roll would move up and down when editing. As it can show at least 2 octaves, it would not be over-moving. That is, the tool do not center the selected note, but at least a couple of octaves. Thus, the tool offers all the time a concordance with the pattern editor.

Calculating, if they are 2 octaves, for 10 octaves would have 5 movements. If they are 3 octaves then 3 or 4 movements. Or something like that...

• encryptedmind likes this

:excl: Development of my tool: GT16-Colors

:excl: My API wishlist R3.1 (updated 24 July 2017):

Spoiler

:excl: My Renoise 3.1 wishlist (updated 18 July 2017):

Spoiler

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Pianoroll