Single cycle start point adjustment

hi people, hope all yous are well.

I use single cycle waveforms quite a bit and it is kind of frustrating that there’s no option to adjust the start point of the cycle (i.e phase). there’s workarounds i suppose like manually copy-pasting looping 2 cycles,selecting one cycle loop, moving with shift, trimming, auditioning, not happy, undoing and again and again till you’re happy,

but peepz a simple adjustment control of overall sample start would do wonders for me…

and save time trimming things anyways

-if there’s an easier workaround please someone let me know smile.png -

and while we’re at it how crazy is it that there’s no easy solo way for instrument samples and one has to resort to making a mute modulation set, mute all and then audition each with another modulation set… tongue.png

anyways i love renoise, just saying smile.png

be well all

ilias

ps once again if i’m just dumb and there are faster workable solutions than the above please let me know biggrin.png

Muting and soloing sample is feature i miss too

but i dont hope in the start sample mod, it is ooooold request :wink:

I use single cycle waveforms quite a bit and it is kind of frustrating that there’s no option to adjust the start point of the cycle (i.e phase). there’s workarounds i suppose like manually copy-pasting looping 2 cycles,selecting one cycle loop, moving with shift, trimming, auditioning, not happy, undoing and again and again till you’re happy,

I’m currently working on re-implementing a tool called Selection Shaper, which is a great generator of (single-cycle) waveforms, among other things. One of its features is phase adjustment, but the current implementation is rather simple/limited - it basically can “rotate” the selection in (fixed-size) large or small steps.

Perhaps - as I’m anyway updating the tool - this functionality could be pimped somewhat by allowing specific, smarter steps? For example, zero-crossings would be an obvious candidate. Tell me what you think :slight_smile:

I’m currently working on re-implementing a tool called Selection Shaper, which is a great generator of (single-cycle) waveforms, among other things. One of its features is phase adjustment, but the current implementation is rather simple/limited - it basically can “rotate” the selection in (fixed-size) large or small steps.

Perhaps - as I’m anyway updating the tool - this functionality could be pimped somewhat by allowing specific, smarter steps? For example, zero-crossings would be an obvious candidate. Tell me what you think smile.png

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!! biggrin.png

IT WORKS!!! biggrin.png biggrin.png biggrin.png

PUNCHY ROLLING BASSES HERE WE COME!!!

thank you very much for this!

i think the phase implementation for single cycles is more than adequate for the purpose of selecting the punchiest (or not) starting point of the cycle, unisons etc which was my main concern. I suppose somehow implementing renoise 's snap options would help with lengthier material and give more creative or detailing options!

The generator gives good options, though i would like to also have some choices about freq and bit resolution to AB with sources that i use, but to be honest i haven’t been completely happy in general with wave generation tools in renoise (synth tools etc) so i just don’t use them, Saying that, the noise generation is very very welcome!!! (i would personally add ALL noise options, not just those three) .

ok got to do some work, if i think of anything else i’ll post something,

Thanks again for this tool, phase rotation was extremely important if indeed we wonna call renoise a modular synth too -i think there’s a youtube vid on that somewhere- smile.png

be well

good luck with the tool