#1 TheBellows

TheBellows

Guruh Motha Fakka is Levitating and Knows Everything About Renoise Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2533 posts
  • Interests:Jepp

Posted 27 August 2017 - 11:38

I find some of the default values a bit annoying, like for instance the fact that the new feature 'Apply post mixer volume & pan' is ticked by default in Send device. This is annoying because i keep forgetting to tick it off. This was not a default setting, it didn't even exist in any of the previous Renoise versions, so it's not just very unintuitive to me, but it practically renders a lot of my instruments useless unless i edit the dsp chains and ticks off that annoying thing which didn't even exist when i made the instrument.

I suggest a command in the right click menu 'Set default values', which when clicked it takes the current DSP/Meta values and makes it the default.

Edited by TheBellows, 27 August 2017 - 11:40.

• ffx and pat like this

#2 ffx

ffx

Composes without Wires burns Directly from Brain to DVD that is already in Store Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3307 posts

Posted 02 September 2017 - 10:51

Edited by guest_ffx, 25 December 2017 - 14:56.

Test system: macOS 10.13.4, HFS+. Firewire Audio, i7 4770, 8GB Ram, GTX1050 2GB, 48kHz

#3 danoise

danoise

Probably More God or Borg Than Human Member

• Renoise Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6795 posts
  • Interests:wildlife + urban trekking

Posted 02 September 2017 - 11:06

it practically renders a lot of my instruments useless unless i edit the dsp chains and ticks off that annoying thing which didn't even exist when i made the instrument.

Shouldn't old songs load without this setting? Exactly to avoid what you're describing... 

Other than that, I also like the idea of having custom defaults for any and all devices :D

Tracking with Stuff. API wishlist | Soundcloud

#4 TheBellows

TheBellows

Guruh Motha Fakka is Levitating and Knows Everything About Renoise Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2533 posts
  • Interests:Jepp

Posted 02 September 2017 - 13:45

Shouldn't old songs load without this setting? Exactly to avoid what you're describing... 

Other than that, I also like the idea of having custom defaults for any and all devices :D

Maybe an old song, but not with instruments. A lot of my instruments uses send device and all of them has to be modified because 'apply post mixer volume and pan' is ticked. The feature didn't even exist when i made the instruments.