Set Default Values For DSP/Meta Devices

I find some of the default values a bit annoying, like for instance the fact that the new feature ‘Apply post mixer volume & pan’ is ticked by default in Send device. This is annoying because i keep forgetting to tick it off. This was not a default setting, it didn’t even exist in any of the previous Renoise versions, so it’s not just very unintuitive to me, but it practically renders a lot of my instruments useless unless i edit the dsp chains and ticks off that annoying thing which didn’t even exist when i made the instrument.

I suggest a command in the right click menu ‘Set default values’, which when clicked it takes the current DSP/Meta values and makes it the default.

it practically renders a lot of my instruments useless unless i edit the dsp chains and ticks off that annoying thing which didn’t even exist when i made the instrument.

Shouldn’t old songs load without this setting? Exactly to avoid what you’re describing…

Other than that, I also like the idea of having custom defaults for any and all devices :smiley:

Shouldn’t old songs load without this setting? Exactly to avoid what you’re describing…

Other than that, I also like the idea of having custom defaults for any and all devices :smiley:

Maybe an old song, but not with instruments. A lot of my instruments uses send device and all of them has to be modified because ‘apply post mixer volume and pan’ is ticked. The feature didn’t even exist when i made the instruments.