#1 TheBellows

TheBellows

Guruh Motha Fakka is Levitating and Knows Everything About Renoise Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2359 posts
  • Interests:Jepp

Posted 27 August 2017 - 11:38

I find some of the default values a bit annoying, like for instance the fact that the new feature 'Apply post mixer volume & pan' is ticked by default in Send device. This is annoying because i keep forgetting to tick it off. This was not a default setting, it didn't even exist in any of the previous Renoise versions, so it's not just very unintuitive to me, but it practically renders a lot of my instruments useless unless i edit the dsp chains and ticks off that annoying thing which didn't even exist when i made the instrument.

I suggest a command in the right click menu 'Set default values', which when clicked it takes the current DSP/Meta values and makes it the default.

Edited by TheBellows, 27 August 2017 - 11:40.

• ffx and pat like this

#2 ffx

ffx

• Normal Members
  • 2893 posts
  • Interests:Renoise sidechaining, macOS fanboying

Posted 02 September 2017 - 10:51

Erm, yes, I would like to suggest that devices by default load the "default" preset. And the user actually can overwrite it with his/her own preferences. But also some simple directory logic, that Renoise keeps the default presets inside the Renoise app and there is an option "restore factory default".

Cause, I wish I could set different defaults for the bus compressor or other internal devices, too.

Also this for VST plugins would be uber-1337

Edited by ffx, 02 September 2017 - 10:53.

MacOS 10.12.6 Retina, Renoise 3.1 64 bit   -   Tuned Shortcuts | Multi-Jump From/To Send | Quick Template | Insert Native DSP Menu (incl. deprecated)

#3 danoise

danoise

Probably More God or Borg Than Human Member

• Renoise Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6357 posts
  • Interests:wildlife + urban trekking

Posted 02 September 2017 - 11:06

it practically renders a lot of my instruments useless unless i edit the dsp chains and ticks off that annoying thing which didn't even exist when i made the instrument.

Shouldn't old songs load without this setting? Exactly to avoid what you're describing... 

Other than that, I also like the idea of having custom defaults for any and all devices :D

Tracking with Stuff. API wishlist | Soundcloud

#4 TheBellows

TheBellows

• Normal Members
  • 2359 posts
  • Interests:Jepp

Posted 02 September 2017 - 13:45

Shouldn't old songs load without this setting? Exactly to avoid what you're describing... 

Other than that, I also like the idea of having custom defaults for any and all devices :D

Maybe an old song, but not with instruments. A lot of my instruments uses send device and all of them has to be modified because 'apply post mixer volume and pan' is ticked. The feature didn't even exist when i made the instruments.