#1 herodotas

herodotas

Advanced Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  • Interests:misanthropy, trekkerism

Posted 04 September 2017 - 19:38

Just move Mixer EQ low gain slider from -18 to 18 dB several times, on playing sample( i found this on bassdrum). The sound on +18 dB not always the same.

I dont care.....

#2 herodotas

herodotas

Advanced Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 18:10

Sorry for my bad english, I try to clarify: low end gain sometimes disappearing on max setting on "low end" slider.

I dont care.....

#3 MattD

MattD

Super Advanced Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 20:24

Like this?

qPYEPhq.png

KernUo9.png

#4 OopsIFly

OopsIFly

Guruh Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 950 posts
  • Interests:...daydreams... -VS- ...propaganda...

Posted 05 September 2017 - 21:11

Interesting, I can confirm the problem with renoise 3.1 on linux 64bit. It is a purely sonic problem, nothing to do with the frequency response graph, other than it sounds different from displayed an dexpected. Sometime when fiddling around with the slider - the bass boost seems to have no effect, then after some fiddling again, it does. By keeping moving the slider with the mouse, it seemd at random to turn on/off the glitch somehow, I couldn't find a pattern though. The same can happen with -18db bass cut. hammering a note key with a bassdrum, while moving the slider, it seems like the filter action jumps in/out sometimes. When in glitch state where the boost/cut has no or only little effect, the EQ can be turned on/off with almost no effect other than maybe very few db overall gain - while it should boost/cut the bass quite heavily.

#5 herodotas

herodotas

Advanced Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 21:44

Interesting, I can confirm the problem with renoise 3.1 on linux 64bit. It is a purely sonic problem, nothing to do with the frequency response graph, other than it sounds different from displayed an dexpected. Sometime when fiddling around with the slider - the bass boost seems to have no effect, then after some fiddling again, it does. By keeping moving the slider with the mouse, it seemd at random to turn on/off the glitch somehow, I couldn't find a pattern though. The same can happen with -18db bass cut. hammering a note key with a bassdrum, while moving the slider, it seems like the filter action jumps in/out sometimes. When in glitch state where the boost/cut has no or only little effect, the EQ can be turned on/off with almost no effect other than maybe very few db overall gain - while it should boost/cut the bass quite heavily.

This !

I dont care.....