I have a 64-bit Renoise 3.1 (full version) running on Windows 10 and a strong, modern computer. I have a USB Sound Blaster SBX audio card.
The song is a single pattern, three instruments (freeware 32-bit VSTs) each in a separate track, and whenever I play the song, the CPU usage quickly goes over the hills (90%+). This mostly happens even when just playing notes in edit mode. I tried the static buffer modes for each of them, but that didn't change a thing.
I did not experience these issues when running the same Renoise version on Windows 7 (64-bit) on a much older computer.
What can I do to solve the issue? Do you think it's because the plugins are only 32-bit and I'm running a 64-bit Renoise? Or the specific plugins themselves are badly optimized maybe?
I started a new song with a bunch of VST effects (about 10 of them) with only sending basic sines through them, and this works without a hitch, but also burns like 40% CPU. Seems too brutal to me on such a modern machine. I used to have a lot more plugins in some of my songs on Win 7 and I never experienced CPU over-usage issues.
CPU usage going wild with just 3 plugins
Posted 06 September 2017 - 15:58
Posted 06 September 2017 - 17:32
What plugins, what CPU, and how much RAM?
Yeah, sorry to leave that out.
Plugins: Syncersoft Analog Voice 32-bit and Audiose Anenome 32-bit.
CPU: Intel i7-7700K 4.2 GHz (8 cores)
RAM: 32 GB
Posted 06 September 2017 - 17:45
Probably due to buggy 32 bit synthedit plugins .
A quick look at the website of syncersoft ..tells me it's synthedit ..I wouldn't wanna touch these with a 10 pole stick .
Not saying these are all bad , but a lot of them can cause problems in a 64 bit environment .
Edited by gentleclockdivider, 06 September 2017 - 17:47.
THERE IS NO RELIGION SUPERIOR TO THE TRUTH
THERE IS NO TRUTH SUPERIOR TO THE ONE I CHOOSE
C'EST MIEUX D'ETRE BELLE ET REBELLE
QUE MOCHE ET REMOCHE
Posted 06 September 2017 - 19:15
Your new computer probably has CPU throttling.
Turn that off when working on multi-media.
Posted 06 September 2017 - 21:37
That was most likely it! The song with the supposedly "crappy" plugins runs at about 50% CPU usage and eventually flips over, so that didn't help much here, but the other songs are now more in line.