Use Redux as an FX Processor?

Hey guys,

hope this hasn’t been asked before, but I’m wondering if it’s possible to mute the track that I’m sending the audio from in order to have a purely wet signal? I want to use redux as an FX-processor, sending stuff in, using the Line-In, then processing it. The problem though is that I can still hear the dry signal even if, for example, I completely bitcrush it. Does the problem lie within Redux and the Line-In module? Because even if I’m not sending the source to the master, I can still hear the dry signal and there seems to be no way to mute it properly…Also tried it using Renoise and Jackrouter without luck.

This may be a really basic question, but most of the tutorials I have watched on this didn’t really address this (and on some of the forum threads there was no reply).

Thanks in advance!

Edit: I figured out a way to do this in Reaper using another channel (Reaper => jack => Renoise => Line In => Send => Back to Reaper (different channel). Is there a way to do this on the same channel though without hearing the signal doubled with the dry signal? Then I’d be set!

Edit 2: Figured it out completely now, just use ReaInsert + Jackrouter + Renoise (probably can’t be done using Redux).

Setup Hardware Sends => Jack => Renoise => Line In => Sends => Process it => Output thru Jack => use output channels as Hardware Returns. Done.