#1 saine

saine

Super Advanced Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 08:24

Ok, I have a bit of a weird question.

What if I was so OCD about keeping my projects clean (asking for a friend, right...) that I needed to rename this (red circle)...

screenshot.jpg

..without having to save/delete presets or copy things into new instrument or anything. Just a quick rename, like in the parts marked in green.

Is there any way I can do that? If I load up a project done in an older version of Renoise, it's automatically clear ("Init"). With the new version, it always keeps whatever filenames I (err... I mean my friend...) had in the folder.

#2 saine

saine

Super Advanced Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 31 January 2018 - 08:35

Bumping this.

I'm aware it's not a top-priority bug fix by any means (not even sure whether there will be a final update or such) but it still annoys me, after having gotten used to 'cleaning' cluttered texts from my projects since, well, pretty much the 1995 FastTracker days.

It's annoying seeing a sample named "__quick-n-shitty-reocrding-_test11" up there, in an otherwise surgically organized project..

#3 4Tey

4Tey

Big GrandDaddy Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 08:47

Saine, I'm not really saying that this helps at all, but what I found is that if you click on 'Save Preset As...' and then click cancel to that dialog, 'Delete Preset' option should become available, click that, then click yes, and that might bring the preset back to 'Init*'.

#4 saine

saine

Super Advanced Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 08:55

Saine, I'm not really saying that this helps at all, but what I found is that if you click on 'Save Preset As...' and then click cancel to that dialog, 'Delete Preset' option should become available, click that, then click yes, and that might bring the preset back to 'Init*'.

It works! icon_clownstep.gif

Yeah, sure, it's a quirky workaround (would make more sense if the delete preset option was available straight away) but... It works! Thank you :) I thought I had tried that, but apparently, I hadn't. Awesome :)